Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

marking for speed humps

Post by
can we have a marking for roads with speed humps?

POSTER_ID:15265425

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Some people with fancy cars can't go over them at all and therefore speed doesn't factor into it. Unfortunately, this is not possible at this time, and based on the small number of people who are affected, I doubt it will be available any time in the next few years.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by ancho85
I also think that this would be a really useful feature. There must be a way to let other wazers know that there is a speed hump in a segment. Maybe the same way as when a road is temporary shown as closed, but in this case with a yellow dot (as a warning) and without any date limit.
ancho85
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
pydagenais wrote:Simple suggestion but not in the way WAZE ask us to edit...

add a junction node at the speed bumps,
it will add like 3 sec penality to the street and route more often on the streets free of speed bumps, except on traffic detour.

please wait for an higher editor to admit it
But Waze already knows the time to travel the entire segment (including the slow down for the speed bumps). And the three second penalty gets changed when Waze gathers the data for that point.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by arielorellana
One point against this is there are places where speed bumps are legion, I don't want to have 3 different warnings in the same block for speed bumps (yes, I live in one of those places) or having all of those markings on the app.
arielorellana
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Crzhorse89
I agree. Please Help. I have launched the family on a number of occasions because of poorly marked (or no markings at all) Speed Bumps. It would seem to me that this would be an excellent addition to the map in many parts of the world.

thank you for listening.
CRZHORSE
Crzhorse89
Send a message

Post by Eagles1181
I agree. Much like some people want to avoid toll roads at almost all cost, I much prefer to avoid speed bumps even if it means a couple of minute delay in my trip.
Eagles1181
Send a message

Post by georgesrj
Speed bumps are so many on Indian state highways and they are not warned at all or very poor warning mechanism. So I request to add a speed bump reporting and warning
georgesrj
Send a message

Post by htahta
Driving has still be done by the driver. If he still looks at his phone to see what is comming up. He then is missing the road. Is he then a good driver?
Eyes to the road, and use your phone to guid you from A to B not to lead you. From hump to hump.
Remeber a driver without routing asistent, hase to drive bye the eye. And when he misses a hump. He knows, that he is driving to fast.

note. I also like good marked humps
htahta
Send a message
[img]https:///MV4Na6[/img]
Local Champs
Country Manager Netherlands:
Benelux

Post by htahta
Just drive this road a few times. Drive it a bit slow. This way you will learn waze that this route is not the best. Also look at the map for map errors.

Perhaps you changed the setting "fasted / shortest route" in your phone.
htahta
Send a message
[img]https:///MV4Na6[/img]
Local Champs
Country Manager Netherlands:
Benelux

Post by jellyg108
Marking for speed humps/bumps is NEEDED in Mexico PLEASE!! In Mexico, there are many bumps made unusually high and/or without signs. Some bumps even made by local person just only for slowing drivers to buy their merchandise. In the morning, the bump without paint still can be seen but at night? sigh....
jellyg108
Send a message