Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Left turns

Post by diegoz281
Does Waze account for a route that contains more left turns than another? Having to do a left turn might take more time than taking an alternative route?
diegoz281

POSTER_ID:447732

Send a message

Post by CBenson
My understanding is that waze accounts for the time it takes for each turn on a route no matter what direction the turn is in. Waze certainly accounts for some left turns taking more time as evidenced by the complaints that arise when waze recommends a right/U or straight/U/right maneuver rather than a simple left turn.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by diegoz281
Gotcha. I was wondering how it differentiated between being in the left turn/u turn lane, but I suppose it would rely on navigation right?

So if you only have the app open with no navigation active it couldn't tell the difference, am I right?
diegoz281
Send a message

Post by diegoz281
Alright, thanks everybody :)
diegoz281
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Waze accounts for every route from a segment independently.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by Kuhlkatz
If you are driving and you have an active connection, Waze will still track your average speed across segments on your drive and will still record transition times between segments.
You do not have to have navigation active for the real time Traffic data to be collected, driving with Waze open is enough.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing