Can't edit name of Landmark

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze Map Editor

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze Map Editor, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze Map Editor

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze Map Editor, use this forum.

Re: Can't edit name of Landmark

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon May 06, 2013 7:00 pm

CrackedLCD wrote:I would rather not, as it won't show up on the map otherwise. This island has lots of roads and industry on it so it's important that it appear as land. Mobile already has one other island that is NOT showing up even though someone took the time to map it out, so there are roads that appear to be in the bay instead of on land. I'm afraid if I delete it and re-create it, it won't show up any more.

Last time I checked, the island landmark has no effect in the app, at least in the map editors scheme. If you see it as "land" then it is not the landmark which is doing it.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Can't edit name of Landmark

Postby CrackedLCD » Mon May 06, 2013 7:40 am

I've got a strange problem here in the city of Mobile, Alabama. There's a staff-created island landmark that is called "Lakely Is" — only the actual name is Blakely Island. I get a save error when I try to correct the name. The landmark is not locked so I'm scratching my head as to why I can't fix this glaring mistake. In fact, I can't lock it or edit the landmark's borders, either.

Can someone else take a crack at it? I'm hopeful someone else can correct the name without having to contact support.

What say ye?
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

HTC Droid DNA (Android 4.2.2) on Verizon Wireless
CrackedLCD

Postby CrackedLCD » Mon May 06, 2013 6:56 pm

txemt wrote:My opinion....delete it.

I would rather not, as it won't show up on the map otherwise. This island has lots of roads and industry on it so it's important that it appear as land. Mobile already has one other island that is NOT showing up even though someone took the time to map it out, so there are roads that appear to be in the bay instead of on land. I'm afraid if I delete it and re-create it, it won't show up any more.
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

HTC Droid DNA (Android 4.2.2) on Verizon Wireless
CrackedLCD

Postby txemt » Mon May 06, 2013 8:05 am

My opinion....delete it.
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly
AM-S Florida & Texas
US CM
RC-US Territories
"Don't Mess With TxEmt"
Read, Read & Read
txemt