These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by AtomicNomad
you'll get 3 points if you report the same report back to back.

Which is basically what happened; Thanks for the heads up!
My point is that I hope the 6th will return an error or 0 points

Ditto that! On the other hand, sometimes I can count to 5! :lol:
AtomicNomad
Send a message

Post by cavenaughgail
I frequently have get a message about no GPS even though everything else in waze is working and I could be driving right by the station. I usually have to hit the gas price report button multiple times to get it to work, and then I am past the station and don't remember the prices.
cavenaughgail
Send a message

Post by coastieet
HI. Anyone else having problems find the 'update' gas prices on 3.7?
Thanks
coastieet
Send a message

Post by colonblast
The problem isn't amount of stations in 10 min. The problem is sometimes you can't update a particular gas station.
colonblast
Send a message
Mike
Area Manager: Pittsburgh, PA

Post by CrackedLCD
Same here. The stations will work during one go-round, then not work a few minutes or hours later. When it does work, it's lightning fast, though.

Very frustrating — I've probably missed 20-30 stations in the last few days.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
I'm not seeing four, but five prices, then a five minute delay before I can do it again.

I've gone from reporting (or fixing 3rd party prices) at 20-60 stations a day to just a handful because it's so frustrating.

Do they want us to report prices, or not?
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
Gas prices are still working the same for me. 5 prices, wait ten minutes as described earlier in the thread. Like everyone else, I don't mind not receiving points (or having it decrease over time) but I would like price updates to go through even if they momentarily don't count for anything. I can blitz the five station limit sitting at just two stoplights in town, then the other 10 or so stations can't get updated until I come back through much later.

I've basically gone back to updating on GasBuddy more regularly since Waze is behaving in such a screwy way. GB only awards points for the first six prices but you can keep reporting until your fingers go numb. :)

As for points-farming, I discovered that "issue" a few months ago when sitting with another Wazer together, trying to figure out the crash-on-advertisements bug that still hasn't been fixed. We discovered we could keep updating a nearby station over and over if we just took turns. I think we each did it over a hundred times before I concluded there was no "catch" in place to prevent this scam.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
I agree, a message or 0 points would at least be "something" to let us know it's working the way they want it to.

Right now after 5 stations, I get one of three conditions when trying to submit another price:

* it just goes into a holding pattern and never rejects/accepts the price, or

* an error message saying "Sorry Cannot update prices right now", or

* a message saying something about being a Baby Wazer so keep driving to unlock gas prices (!)
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
I'll take the opposite approach from all the point-misers here and say we ought to be getting 8 points PER GRADE reported, and each grade ought to be reportable separately so I'm not updating prices I cannot see while driving by on the highway. I usually zero-out those prices if they seem old or unlikely to be accurate, but because it's SO DIFFICULT to touch the prices exactly I tend to skip that because it's so frustrating.

In fact, I won't put any faith in the price system at all until they fix these serious annoyances. The gas price reporting screen needs to be larger and clearer, with larger touch-points for each grade so those of us with larger screens aren't struggling. They need to implement a per-grade updating scheme a la Gasbuddy and they need to kill this stupid "Network connection error" which is just a bald faced lie since we know they are restricting us to reporting 5 stations in 5 minutes. I don't mind not getting points beyond a set amount, since that's how Gasbuddy also works… but don't give me an error when I need to update incorrect prices on the go. That's just lame and it makes everyone think it's a toy, which leads to lots of fake prices.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
jpwhitehome wrote:Agreed its annoying. There are 6 gas stations all clustered in a 1/4 stretch of road close to work. I can enter 5 then the 6th always results in Network Connection Error, which is a lie. Wish it would just say over-share or something.
The language is being fixed for the next version, so it is unfortunate that the 5 limit in 5 minutes thing is going to stay. :cry:
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message