Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Gas updates not going through

Post by Edici01
Since yesterday (4/30), only one in every 7-10 gas updates is actually completing to the 'price updated' message. If I close the update and search again and pick either the same station or another, the same thing occurs. I'm based in Atlanta, GA, running an iPhone 4S v6.1.3 and Waze release 3.6.0.0.

Is anyone seeing similar behavior? Road reports are going through fine.

Thanks,
Edimon
Edici01

POSTER_ID:12542432

Send a message

Post by crewbrew
5 stations every 10 minutes? That explains it. I thought that it was a network issue. It would be better to get a message, a popup, or get 0 points for updating.

In the New York Area U.S., you can easily pass 50 gas stations during a 30 minute commute. That would explain how some of those scores are crazy on the points list!
crewbrew
Send a message

Post by dhevron
I am only able to report 5 prices.

The purpose of Waze is to provide accurate and timely information to other users. I often ride as a passenger and I would report prices as often as I could, but now I am limited. I am not concerned about the points, so if we want accurate information on gas prices, then let us post as many as we can.
dhevron
Send a message

Post by Edici01
Good to see others are having this issue too, and it's not location specific (i.e., Atlanta). I can't figure out if it is a time related or route related. It appears that when I make a mapped route turn/merge, I can then update 1-3 gas stations before it quits. I'm going to try again on the way home and see if it still behaves the same way.
Edici01
Send a message

Post by Edici01
I've ruled out the route change. So then I started looking at distance or time, not sure which because of the different distances and times between stations across my normal routes. But it does look like every 3 minutes or 3-6 miles I can then confirm/submit a price update; however, after the first station, I can't update a 2nd or 3rd immediately after that. I agree with mikeproctorlfc - hope the 'right' folks are listening too!
Edici01
Send a message

Post by Edici01
I checked the 5 stations in 10 minutes this morning. It is now behaving that way. It appears each station update has it's own 10 minute limit. For example:

Station 1 update 09:00
Station 2 update 09:00
Station 3 update 09:06
Station 4 update 09:06
Station 5 update 09:09

At 09:10, you will be able to update two more stations, 09:16, two more, and 09:19, one more, etc. If I'm wrong, sorry, but I didn't start writing down actual times when I started my commute this morning. Just appears that is how the updates work now.

My back road commute to work each day is 28 miles and I pass 28 gas stations. Now I can only update/verify about 10 of them.

If Waze wants to prevent 'point farming', make the points apply ONLY when you update a new price and not when a price is confirmated. That would also prevent the 'sending update' stuck state from displaying. And I agree with AlanOfTheBerg in that Waze should have updated us in this thread or at least a new informational forum post.
Edici01
Send a message

Post by Edici01
Looks like the latest Waze update has removed the Gas feature totally. The release is still 3.6.0.0, but Waze app asked to do a restart and the Gas button is now gone. Can anyone else confirm this?
Edici01
Send a message

Post by Elwoodblues61
Well this explains exactly what I have been experiencing with gas price updates.
Clearly there is room for APP improvement with better feed back to wasers.

My daily commute includes a block with 4 stations plus 2 stations 1km before and after this block.
Prior to 3.7.2 I got the endless SEND spinner and with 3.7.2 i now get 'network error'. But at these times I have confirmed using OOKLA app that my phone has a perfectly good network connection.

From earlier posts it appears that this 'network error' response may be WAZE's method of limiting GAS point allocations. If this is true this is bad for an APP that relies on community feedback to develop and improve.

I don't care how waze choose how points are allocated but the APP should at least provide honest feed back to wazers so they can rely and trust what the WAZE app tells them - including Navigation and Fuel prices.
Elwoodblues61
Send a message
HTC-oneX Android 4.1.1
Waze 3.7.8.0 on http://www.waze.com

Post by iainhouse
TheDane wrote:Also a problem on the international server - both gas price reporting and connection issues...
If it's happening on INTL today, that's probably a new thing. I've successfully updated prices at several stations this week - the last one was at about 18:00 UTC last night.
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by jpwhitehome
CrackedLCD wrote:I'm not seeing four, but five prices, then a five minute delay before I can do it again.

I've gone from reporting (or fixing 3rd party prices) at 20-60 stations a day to just a handful because it's so frustrating.

Do they want us to report prices, or not?
Agreed its annoying. There are 6 gas stations all clustered in a 1/4 stretch of road close to work. I can enter 5 then the 6th always results in Network Connection Error, which is a lie. Wish it would just say over-share or something.
jpwhitehome
Send a message