Editing FAQ

Post by cdombroski
It seems we've been getting a lot of the same questions lately (when updates happen, address concerns and locks are some that come to mind). I propose that we move or copy the editing questions from the current FAQ to their own page. Then we should link to the new editing FAQ from a sticky or announcement thread.
cdombroski

POSTER_ID:7180467

Send a message

Post by argus-cronos
don't know where to post this for you, but FAQ needs a change (points for housenumbers).
Subject: Informations on the Dashboard (Community/Support direct-access)
jonypony wrote:I actually made a mistake based on the old v.2 house numbers from the client (it's actually 1 point).
And that's another reason why it should be removed from the dashboard asap.
argus-cronos
Send a message

Post by cdombroski
I guess I was really proposing two things.
1) An editing specific FAQ. Although looking more closely at the current FAQ, I see that it is predominately editing related questions, so maybe this isn't really a concern.
2) A topic in map editing with a link to the (editing) FAQ made stick/announcement so that it stays at the top of the page in the hopes of making the FAQs less frequently asked.

I can't think of any questions that have been repeatedly asked that aren't covered by the FAQ. I think we just need to make a little extra effort in getting the information to the forum users in the hopes they read it instead of asking the same question somebody else asked yesterday.
cdombroski
Send a message

Post by driveswaytoomuchdfw
This page https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Your_Rank_and_Points references this post which does not seem to have info
driveswaytoomuchdfw
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Moved to (what I think is) a more appropriate forum.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
We certainly don't need a different page.

I moved this here because I thought some users might have some suggestions of things that need to be added to the FAQ.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
cdombroski wrote:It seems we've been getting a lot of the same questions lately (when updates happen, address concerns and locks are some that come to mind). I propose that we move or copy the editing questions from the current FAQ to their own page. Then we should link to the new editing FAQ from a sticky or announcement thread.
I am not clear what is being proposed. Are you saying the questions we are getting are not covered in the current FAQ and we need to create them, but in a different page, or are you saying they are in there, but need to be moved to a different page?

In either case I am not sure why a different page is needed. Maybe you can explain more of what you propose.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
cdombroski wrote:2) A topic in map editing with a link to the (editing) FAQ made stick/announcement so that it stays at the top of the page in the hopes of making the FAQs less frequently asked.
I think there is merit in this idea. What if we had a sticky post in the editing forum that had a first entry with links to all the key Wiki pages that we recommend people read and review. Each entry can contain a description of what that page answers so when you search the forums that page will come up. Also we can then easily answer virtually any known question with a link to that one forum post.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
argus-cronos wrote:don't know where to post this for you, but FAQ needs a change (points for housenumbers).
Subject: Informations on the Dashboard (Community/Support direct-access)
jonypony wrote:I actually made a mistake based on the old v.2 house numbers from the client (it's actually 1 point).
And that's another reason why it should be removed from the dashboard asap.
At least you made it into the right forum. :D

Wiki fixed for points given on house number edits.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Thanks. The link has been fixed (in both Wikis) to point to the link in my post above, instead of this post.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message