Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

New- Localizing Waze Map Editor

Post by
Hi Localizers!

I'm happy to let you know we are now localizing Waze map editor , the editor will be available in multiple languages.
At this time we this option is available only for beta testers but soon will be available for all us Wazers :).
https://www.waze.com/beta_editor/de/ .

I want to thank all of our localization experts and translators that made it all possible.

Many more existing news to come!

Orit

POSTER_ID:9752814

Send a message
Last edited by LostInMyMaps on Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove sticky

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
US English translation is in progress for WME. This will give the US the same adjustments to language/localization which other countries have enjoyed. Until now, we couldn't easily localize for the US without changing transiflex base and also affecting non-US English speaking countries.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by berestovskyy
Hi!
I just joined Polish translators' team, but whatever resource I choose, the Translate Now button (as well as Download for translation) is disabled.

Why is so?
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Hm, Transifex shows me as a team member...
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
orit_y wrote:I upload translation for the "Waze Map Editor" approximately every 2 weeks .
Orit, IMO it's crucial to upload translation before you release beta into production.

Our polish community worked hard to translate WME, but today we noticed that old translations are in production now: https://world.waze.com/editor/pl/

For instance, polish language name in production translated as "angielski" (which means "english"). I've fixed this on transifex ~10 days ago... :(
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
I'm not sure when it went live, since I missed an announcement as well. But this morning one polish guy complained that everything we've discussed on a forum still not implemented in production :(

I think it's just someone missed a branch name or smth :lol:
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
davipt wrote:But is it the polish version more updated on beta than live?
No, both of them are the same "mechanical" translations (i.e. english -> angielski). I saw Orit's message that the changes will be uploaded next week, so I hoped we could have a chance to check it in beta once again.

No annonce, so I think it's just someone made a mistake at Waze.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
davipt wrote:Going live is not a big issue because there is no link AFAICS there, only if you know to append the country code. world.waze.com/editor doesn't show the language drop down.
Actually, it is showing. I even tried to logout and reload the page -- it's still there (see the attachment).
berestovskyy
Send a message
Attachments

Post by dathgod
edsonajj wrote:
davipt wrote:I could almost swear I did ask here for access for the other languages so we can test them, specially for the more special cases like pt_PT / pt_BR :(
What I had understood was that for the WME we could not have "branches". That is, there will only be one english, one portuguese, and one spanish.
That's what I heard too, anyway, for some particular languages, say Chinese, there are Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese. They seem to be "Chinese", but the terminology is quite different. I believe PT got the same situation.
dathgod
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by edsonajj
davipt wrote:I could almost swear I did ask here for access for the other languages so we can test them, specially for the more special cases like pt_PT / pt_BR :(
What I had understood was that for the WME we could not have "branches". That is, there will only be one english, one portuguese, and one spanish.
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Edson Jiménez

Post by edsonajj
davipt wrote:In other words, there are 10 types of people in the world
And there are also those who understand binary, and those who don't.
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Edson Jiménez