Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by umpcgarmin
This was posted before, but I would like to see this feature added also.

<Traffic bar that shows up after a destination is selected and the route calculated should be in the "your trip" screen also. It should update in real time and should have option to pop/slide up unobtrusively when new traffic conditions ahead are detected.>

This would be a great feature to have as other wazer's update the traffic/cops down the road could see the update in this bar without having to zoom out and look further down the road. Co-Pilot Live has this feature and its great and I would like to see a version of it in Waze.

Thanks again for a great app.
umpcgarmin
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
I've been running 3.6 on my iPhone 4s running 6.1.0 jailbroken with no issues. Tonight all of a sudden, the app will crash as soon as the title screen opens. I tried uninstalling it, rebooting and reinstalling but I have the same issue. This worked just fine yesterday. Any ideas? Every other navigation program I have installed works jus fine except waze .. Any ideas how to fix?
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
dtrace wrote:iPad 2 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.1.2 - jailbroken
Waze - 3.6

Waze crashes every time on startup. I have tried the following;
Re-installing Waze while running.
Removing Waze then restart iPad and install Waze.
Tried turning airplane mode on/off.

Any help would be appreciated. I tried attaching the crash report but it would not let me. http://pastebin.com/WakZTUKf
I have same issue on iPhone 4s running 6.1.0 .. It was working fine until Tonight.. Any ideas?
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by unlimitedsounds
Resolved... Since I am Jailbroken I need to use XCON so that one of my APPS WILL WORK. the version of XCON that I had updated to earlier in the day caused WAZE and a few other apps to crash. I used crash reporter to find out that this was the cause and updated a newer version then what was in the auto-update and all is fine again..

unlimitedsounds wrote:
dtrace wrote:iPad 2 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.1.2 - jailbroken
Waze - 3.6

Waze crashes every time on startup. I have tried the following;
Re-installing Waze while running.
Removing Waze then restart iPad and install Waze.
Tried turning airplane mode on/off.

Any help would be appreciated. I tried attaching the crash report but it would not let me. http://pastebin.com/WakZTUKf
I have same issue on iPhone 4s running 6.1.0 .. It was working fine until Tonight.. Any ideas?
unlimitedsounds
Send a message

Post by ValMac35
When using the Waze App on my iPhone 3S, Western Australian suburb names seem to be randomly displayed; only occasionally are they correct. The position of the suburb names bears no relation to their true locations. For example the map often seems to show that I am in Kings Park. This park is close to the city center, not several miles to the east where I am normally driving. The same happens with other inner city suburb names too.
ValMac35
Send a message

Post by vectorspace
On my iPad Waze is showing a "waiting message" red box with "4" in it on the Waze icon and in Waze under "my Waze."

I assume that means a message of some type is waiting, but nothing below "my Waze" has a message. It's like that waiting message indicator has not been reset once items are read. Is this a bug? Am I not looking in the right place?
vectorspace
Send a message
vectorspace

Post by vectorspace
Thank you...

I restarted the app and turned off the client all the way to restart, and it was still there. I don't mind, but was worried there was some other hidden message area I was missing!
vectorspace
Send a message
vectorspace

Post by voytech
The iPhone client no longer alerts of police and other road hazards when the spoken guidance is muted. This was very helpful when going to work where I know the route but I still want to be alerted of police.
voytech
Send a message

Post by voytech
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
voytech wrote:The iPhone client no longer alerts of police and other road hazards when the spoken guidance is muted. This was very helpful when going to work where I know the route but I still want to be alerted of police.
As noted in this thread and elsewhere, mute now mutes all.

Tapatalk made me do it.
Sorry Alan, didn't have the time to read the whole thing on the phone. Can an option be made in the sound menu to bring this functionality back?
voytech
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
Still have extra floating rounded corners on my screen. Been like this for a few versions and I've reported it once before...
client_screen_3_6_0_0.png
Screen shot
(133.44 KiB) Downloaded 3213 times
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator