Why So Low Volume Output?  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: "Play sound to phone speaker" volume low

Postby ohthatgal » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:02 pm

MadHatterts volume fix worked thanks
ohthatgal

Re: "Play sound to phone speaker" volume low  Topic is solved

Postby MadHatterts » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:29 pm

I just discovered how to resolve the issue of low volume on Waze. Make a phone call and set the phone to speaker phone mode. Then turn the volume all the way up and then hang up. Waze will now play its voice navigation at full volume.
MadHatterts

Postby DaveJFT » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:02 pm

helifino206 wrote:I had a similar issue with a different app on a different phone - when selecting 'phone speaker' the sounds went out the handset earpiece rather than the loudspeaker on the back. Please check to see if this is what's happening.

No - that's not it. "Play sound to phone speaker" overrides the earpiece too. With it enabled no Waze sounds are played through the audio jack, only the phone speaker and that's still very quiet. Altering the phone volume on any connection, whether a Waze announcement is playing or not makes no difference at all.
DaveJFT

Postby helifino206 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:49 am

I had a similar issue with a different app on a different phone - when selecting 'phone speaker' the sounds went out the handset earpiece rather than the loudspeaker on the back. Please check to see if this is what's happening.
helifino206
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby DaveJFT » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:18 pm

Hi again folks,

I changed my phone to a Nexus 6P and this issue seemed fixed but then, about a week or so ago, the TTS voices have gone very quiet again when "Play sound to phone speaker" is enabled. When disabled there is no problem with volume but as my phone connects to the car's built-in hands-free system via the radio voice instructions blare out of the car speakers. It's the same whichever voice I select. So I'm left with the choice - either no one hears the voice or everyone in the car has to suffer it.

What could have changed?
DaveJFT

Postby welb13 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:40 am

I have the exact same issue using LG G2. I need to play waze instructions to the phone speaker because my car bt is set to play from cd most of the time.

The option worked well on my old Galaxy SII.
welb13

Postby AndyPoms » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:56 pm

I have no problems with my Nexus 6... The speaker is much louder than my old Nexus 5 and the Waze directions are at a great volume...

Which voice are you using?
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby juscoll » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:03 pm

I am having the same issue. Directions played out my phone's speaker are too low to be audible while driving. I have turned up all system volumes to maximum and turned up the text to speech volume within the phone's system settings. I have also maximized the volume settings with Waze and tried turning the volume up while a voice prompt is playing. . All volumes I know of are set to max.

I searching on this issue it seems that it may be specific to Nexus devices. Previously I was using a Samsung S4 and the prompts were nice and loud. The Nexus 6 has more a powerful set phone speakers but the output that Waze offers is inaudible while driving.

Output via bluetooth works fine. However, I prefer using the phone's speaker so that I can hear navigation guidance I have my car stereo set to satellite/terrestrial radio or CD.

Seems like it is programming variation that Waze does not yet make for Nexus devices. Given the its Google ties I am surprised.

Any suggestions on a fix?
juscoll

Postby AndyPoms » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:50 pm

Try adjusting the volume during an Waze announcement.
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

"Play sound to phone speaker" volume low

Postby DaveJFT » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:28 pm

Hi folks,

[Android 5.0.1 on Google Nexus 4, Waze v.3.9.4.0]

I've not had a problem with speaker volume using Waze until I started using a Bluetooth Hands Free kit. Previously Waze would default to outputting audio via the phone speaker and was plenty loud enough. When attaching the Bluetooth Hands Free kit, to stop Waze trying to play sound via the Hands Free kit I've had to turn on the "Play sound to phone speaker" setting and now Waze's voice volume is whisper quiet - even with both the phone's media volume and Waze's voice volume turned up full.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

Dave
DaveJFT

Previous

Return to Waze App