Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Forum rules
Welcome to the Belgium Community forum!

Ask us any question here. Or if you want to chat with us, join the Waze BeLux Slack:

https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeopedia-files/b/be/Slack-invitation-banner.png
(click the image to join the Slack)

Housenumbers

Post by LCaliari
Hi

I experienced a little issue while numbering a street, my street.
It this street, there is two dead-end street joined to the main street. And for these dead-end streets, all the house numbers are even in each side of the road.
While entering the number in one side... no problem.
But when I try to enter the numbers for the other side I receive an error.
Seems logical to have even number on one side and odd on the other... but how can I force the number for this 'special' numbering ??

Thanks.
LCaliari
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:13748268

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Forcing is limited to lvl3+. Documented in the English House Numbers wiki page.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by annickdw
sirKitKat wrote:
steveningelbrecht wrote:Anyhow, you shouldn't be adding house numbers via WME, since the app doesn't use this function yet in the search, and also, we are looking to mass import this kind of data from an external source.
It's not clear what the status of this proces is, but it's in the phase where we gave information to Waze where they can buy this data concerning Flanders and French speaking Belgium...
I have added this info to the Dutch wiki page
staat op een rare plaats : de uitzonderingen op naamgeving staan onder de 'huisnummers'-paragraaf... en de pagina gaat over 'naamgeving' - verwarrend, de 'uitzonderingen'-paragraaf zijn uitzonderingen op naamgeving, niet op huisnummering
annickdw
Send a message

Post by LCaliari
mmmh... I concluded that it's another feature that a lvl1 can't do! :(
Ok then. Hoping to increase my level soon... ;)
LCaliari
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by maantje76
A little off-topic,

Please put back the original wiki page. Then build an offline version with merged languages. Now it's not really clear anymore. As soon you are ready, we can discuss and finetune things.

Thanks!
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by sirKitKat
Can you provide a link to an example location (without revealing where you live if you are not comfortable with that)
sirKitKat
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
https://wazebelgium.be/mapupdate/image?s=INTL$n=5
(This image represents the update cycle of the INTL map tiles CET. The NA version of this can be found here CT)

Post by sirKitKat
LCaliari wrote:... but how can I force the number for this 'special' numbering ??
I can reproduce this situation and I receive the following error message:
WME Some house numbers are invalid.png
(6.88 KiB) Downloaded 768 times
When I press Force, the special numbering is saved.
sirKitKat
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
(This image represents the update cycle of the INTL map tiles CET. The NA version of this can be found here CT)

Post by sirKitKat
LCaliari wrote:mmmh... I concluded that it's another feature that a lvl1 can't do! :(
Ok then. Hoping to increase my level soon... ;)
Depending on the area, maybe I can force them for you.
Reply or PM me with the location and if I have edit rights there, you can send me a screenshot and a premalink and I'll see what I can do :)
sirKitKat
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by sirKitKat
steveningelbrecht wrote:Anyhow, you shouldn't be adding house numbers via WME, since the app doesn't use this function yet in the search, and also, we are looking to mass import this kind of data from an external source.
It's not clear what the status of this proces is, but it's in the phase where we gave information to Waze where they can buy this data concerning Flanders and French speaking Belgium...
I have added this info to the Dutch wiki page
sirKitKat
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message