60 Mph/97 Kph

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Re: 60 Mph/97 Kph

Postby dmcconachie » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:33 am

invented wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:Not when they're pretty much irrelevant, have no real impact on the function of the app and would require a rewrite of the code.

via Tapatalk

"Irrelevant" is subjective. It's a bug, probably not a big one, and should be fixed. Opting to do things half-assed is not the way to code.

Explain to me then any context in which it's explicitly required that my satnav shows me 60mph rather than jumping from 59-61. That's something for a dev to fix if he's bored and has nothing else to do. Unlikely to be the case with waze for a very long time. Ergo irrelevant.

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie

Postby dmcconachie » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:22 am

gettingthere wrote:I don't know about other countries but I believe that in the US car speedometers only needs to be accurate to +/- 6 mph. So really no big deal if Waze won't display 60 mph. It's close enough and measuring your speed is not the primary function of a commuting GPS application.

Let's get Waze focusing on more important things such as ramp names that don't display, finishing the new map editor, improving the editing of the IGN editors, stabilizing the server infrastructure AND very, very, very important - fixing the calculation of the top weekly Wazers!

You'll probably find it's +6 rather than -6, pretty sure it's illegal here for a speedo to report less than the actual speed.

Definitely agree with your other points though! My kingdom for a stable waze!
dmcconachie

Postby dmcconachie » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:31 am

ircphoenix wrote:Are you kidding me? A 5 page post about Waze displaying +/- 1mph instead of the actual speed? THIS is the issue that people are getting fussy about? Jesuchristo...

To be fair it started off, and the majority of the thread is, a matter of intrigue rather than people having a moan. Not sure why it became a bug that simply has to be solved.
dmcconachie

Postby Laakkus » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:08 am

ircphoenix wrote:Are you kidding me? A 5 page post about Waze displaying +/- 1mph instead of the actual speed? THIS is the issue that people are getting fussy about? Jesuchristo...

Second

Sent from this Galaxy
Laakkus

Re: 60 Mph/97 Kph

Postby razor2k » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:28 pm

Not to resurrect an old thread, but I just noticed this today on my android device. It may have been showing this for a while but not that I was aware. :) If you notice....one lonely baby wazer at the top and no shields yet :cry:

[ img ]
razor2k

Postby Riamus » Mon May 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Woo! Now I know why it kept bouncing between 52 and 54 mph when I was going 54. I thought it was just wrong when it showed 52. I didn't consider that it was just never going to show 53.
Riamus

Postby leocylau » Mon May 20, 2013 11:43 am

As last I've download the latest beta and yes it was fixed ;)
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bgodette » Mon May 20, 2013 2:17 am

harling wrote:It is indeed fixed. The client is able to display every speed from 25mph - 50mph, which encompasses many of the previously "skipped" speeds.

It has nothing to do with the location service itself; the problem was entirely due to how the software stored and converted those values. Does this mean they read my notes? :-)
Well it does depend on the GPS chip, and as a result the location service, have precision of at least 0.447 meters/s. Basically this means any reasonably recent phone should be ok on any supported platform.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby harling » Sat May 18, 2013 5:07 am

It is indeed fixed. The client is able to display every speed from 25mph - 50mph, which encompasses many of the previously "skipped" speeds.

It has nothing to do with the location service itself; the problem was entirely due to how the software stored and converted those values. Does this mean they read my notes? :-)
harling

Postby bgodette » Fri May 17, 2013 7:54 pm

CBenson wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
leocylau wrote:I need to check if it is fixed on Android :?

Bgodette said he thought android was fixed months ago, back in January.

I have not been able to get any multiple of 15 on my Android until the recent Android beta.
Might be related to Android version and the resolution returned by the location service, but in any case since the last public release it's been fixed for my Nexus 4. I no longer have my old Galaxy S 4G to compare against.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Next

Return to Waze App Feature Requests