[Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.22 Feb 2017

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] Colour Highlights for Segments - v1.6.2 Apr 201

Postby iknietjij » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:58 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
tonestertm wrote:I don't know if it's possible, but I'd love to have CH indicate segments stacked on top of one another, especially when they're both set at the same Road Level.

I think I've asked for this before too. :) I'd love to see both a "conflict" checker (which is pretty advanced as the code must figure out if two segments overlap: not a trivial matter to code), and a level display: where each level is a color of the rainbow and I can scan for overlapping same colors.

It's fairly simple with some basic math, actually. I've added it to my personal version of the highlight script, two different types of checks: one which simply checks the start and end nodes of each segment and highlights those for which they overlap. This may be incorrect with segments which have sharp turns though.. so I added a second option which checks every geometry point of each segment, although this may be slow when lots of segments are loaded. It doesn't check road levels though, just indicates which segments overlap. Very useful in case you're creating a new city block and simply join various segments into a node.. you tend to forget some :)

And I've added many other items to the script, like unreachable segments (with no green incoming TRs), highlighting of dead end segments (also useful when creating those city blocks), highlighting of all types of roads instead of one, color picker for everything, nodes which can be removed, segments with multiple geometry points so it makes it easy to figure out which streets to straighten if needed, etc :)

Works wonders, just have to figure out some time to make it a crx now.. annoying chrome update.
iknietjij

Postby gohamstergo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:04 pm

huckd wrote:I think this script and link should be added to this WIKI page.

Done. Added a basic heading for it. If someone wants to make a more detailed description, or change its position, feel free.
gohamstergo

Postby HuckD » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:50 pm

gohamstergo wrote:you may already know about it, but there is a script that shows levels, but it does conflict with this script.

I think this script and link should be added to this WIKI page.
HuckD
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby gohamstergo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:15 am

huckd wrote:Thanks for this link gohamstergo! I was not aware of it and have found several level errors in my little editable area. Gave ya a thumbs up.

No problemo :) I made a point to search "WME" and "Waze" on userscripts to find any script I could a little while after I started editing.
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:One of these scripts for levels needs to be incorporated into WMECH.

Ya, that would be nice and handy if that was added.
gohamstergo

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri May 31, 2013 7:03 pm

gohamstergo wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I think I've asked for this before too. :) I'd love to see both a "conflict" checker (which is pretty advanced as the code must figure out if two segments overlap: not a trivial matter to code), and a level display: where each level is a color of the rainbow and I can scan for overlapping same colors.

you may already know about it, but there is a script that shows levels, but it does conflict with this script.

One of these scripts for levels needs to be incorporated into WMECH.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby HuckD » Fri May 31, 2013 4:31 pm

gohamstergo wrote:you may already know about it, but there is a script that shows levels, but it does conflict with this script.

Thanks for this link gohamstergo! I was not aware of it and have found several level errors in my little editable area. Gave ya a thumbs up.
HuckD
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby gohamstergo » Fri May 31, 2013 4:49 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I think I've asked for this before too. :) I'd love to see both a "conflict" checker (which is pretty advanced as the code must figure out if two segments overlap: not a trivial matter to code), and a level display: where each level is a color of the rainbow and I can scan for overlapping same colors.

you may already know about it, but there is a script that shows levels, but it does conflict with this script.
gohamstergo

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue May 28, 2013 8:56 pm

tonestertm wrote:I don't know if it's possible, but I'd love to have CH indicate segments stacked on top of one another, especially when they're both set at the same Road Level.

I think I've asked for this before too. :) I'd love to see both a "conflict" checker (which is pretty advanced as the code must figure out if two segments overlap: not a trivial matter to code), and a level display: where each level is a color of the rainbow and I can scan for overlapping same colors.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby tonestertm » Tue May 28, 2013 7:24 pm

One more thank you for this great script, and of course, another inquiry/feature request... :)

I don't know if it's possible, but I'd love to have CH indicate segments stacked on top of one another, especially when they're both set at the same Road Level. Obviously, this would indicate a small section at each multi-level highway interchange, but mainly I'd like to see the results of sloppy editing. Took me a while the other day to realize there was a second, extraneous, short segment underneath, which was causing the wacky turn restrictions....

Could this happen, or is the necessary info not supplied?

Cheers!
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby CrackedLCD » Tue May 28, 2013 1:04 am

About ten versions ago (in Chrome speak I guess that was three months back, ha ha) I had an issue where the Chrome update was getting stuck, running my single CPU at 99% until I killed the process. It did that for months until it magically fixed itself. That pretty much soured me on the auto update process. With my computer being over a decade old (but perfectly serviceable in most respects) I can only imagine what would have happened had I gone off for a week and it decided to get stuck the whole time. I might come to a melted CPU. Wouldn't be the first one!

This script issue is just another reason I hate these silent automatic updates. They always wind up causing some new problem and I'm left scratching my head until I think to check the version number.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts