[Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.98 Dec 2014

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] Colour Highlights for Segments - v1.6.2 Apr 201

Postby doctorkb » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:35 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:When the uturn feature was enabled in the editor, there was no change to the data anywhere. Any selfcons which existed before would now show as an allowed uturn, whether locked or unlocked.

I think that is exactly what iainhouse thinks shouldn't have been done.

Alan: the interface seems to suggest (by way of question marks on the u-turn, even when the other turns are "hard") that u-turn locks are separate from normal turns. Is this an error?
Waze Global Champ, Mentor, WME Toolbox Project Manager
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby doctorkb » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:14 pm

Timbones wrote:
gohamstergo wrote:Have you heard of the "[enhanced]" version of your script? What exactly does it mean by "show all bad junctions?" What would your script not normally show?

These would be highlighted nodes that aren't on Primary roads (or higher). I took the decision not to show these, except when a segment was highlighted.

I updated my installation to do this also. I've also updated my copy to deal with the bad road names for Canada. Additionally, I added a yellow highlight to intersections with soft turns.

I've not distributed it, though -- I figure it's better left to the original developer.

Iainhouse: I wouldn't start calling them "locked" or "unlocked" -- because that will confuse younger editors who see the "Lock" button and think that's how to lock turns/junction. I think "soft" and "hard" are the unique identifiers that everyone understands.
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby doctorkb » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:16 am

iknietjij wrote:Works wonders, just have to figure out some time to make it a crx now.. annoying chrome update.

That's not too hard... But why not just use TamperMonkey? I just switched as this update ticked me off... And it's awesome, especially when you're tweaking a script.
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.6 Feb

Postby doctorkb » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:10 pm

top_gun_de wrote:
PhantomSoul wrote:+1 on the option to highlight segments <10m and 10-15m. Its useful to supress u-turns on narrowly divided highways where a direct u-turn is prohibited.

Hi,

the 15m-limit under which the routing never does a U-turn is easily forgotten when splitting roads. Therefore, highlighting segments of less than 15m would be a good idea.

Best regards,

Detlev

I agree -- if the routing server actually paid attention to that.

We've got a UR live right now for just this issue -- an illegal u-turn suggested across an 11m segment.

I've got a note in to Amit, but he's away right now.
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: [Script] Colour Highlights for Segments - 1.7.4 Nov 2013

Postby doctorkb » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:48 pm

sketch wrote:I've also heard "10m" mentioned for U turn prevention. So that could be it.

At 10m, one had might as well use an ugly bow-tie...
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: [Script] Colour Highlights for Segments - 1.7.4 Nov 2013

Postby doctorkb » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:46 am

Well, it's a standard H-shape (one two-way street crossing a split two one-way street): https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat ... TT&env=usa
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.8 Feb 2014

Postby doctorkb » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:12 pm

Kuhlkatz wrote:When unsplitting roads that does not meet the requirements and was split a while ago, having the speed info at hand makes decisions on which segments to keep much easier. You cannot always go by editor name and creation date of the segments in this case.

Except that unsplitting shouldn't result in the removal of any roads... when you follow the instructions here:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Best_map_edi ... -Way_Roads
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.8 Feb 2014

Postby doctorkb » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:22 pm

Kuhlkatz wrote:
doctorkb wrote:Except that unsplitting shouldn't result in the removal of any roads... when you follow the instructions here:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Best_map_edi ... -Way_Roads

That section is to preserve the House numbering.
I'm referring to mostly main arterials in suburbs that usually has very little or no house numbers assigned to it (in my case). In this case I'd prefer to keep the original speed info for both A->B and B->A on the original segments instead of merging the 2 and polluting the A->B and B->A for the resulting segments after the unsplit & merge.

If you merge them the 'Wiki way' to retain the House Numbering, only the speed info for the longest of the 2 segments seems to be preserved, which looks like it screws up historic data for either the A->B or the B->A if one of the newly added segments was the longest.

It is likely this sort of assumption that has had Waze remove the "average speed" information from the editor. We don't really know if it removes the historical data. It stands to reason that if it preserves house numbers, it would also preserve other shared data like speeds.

Of course, you could follow the instructions given, and alternate the "longest segment of two" between sides so as to resolve the issue in either case, if you're that concerned.
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.81 Mar 2014

Postby doctorkb » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:52 am

SuperDave: I'm pretty sure that was already noted -- the feature was removed when the beta went live because it was a fundamental change.

Unfortunately, given that Timbones is based in the UK, I suspect we're still a while before the new system is implemented -- "Places" only went live on the NA server. The ROW and IL servers are still a few weeks away, apparently.

I hope Tim will choose to reimplement that feature -- I really liked it, especially for finding smudges being caused by landmarks. We will have to see, though!
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.81 Mar 2014

Postby doctorkb » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:39 pm

what is an "incomplete turn" and how is it different from a "soft turn"?
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts