Odd issue with road

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Odd issue with road

Postby ottonomy » Tue May 14, 2013 9:58 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:It's also a way for careless editors to go "fix" all the red arrows thinking that anything red needs fixing. Just because it is red doesn't mean it needs fixing. Shift+z does not show which segment the turn is restricted from, and that's really extremely important. You have to turn off Shift+z and select the segments connected to the junction a red arrow is pointing from to find out if the restriction is valid or if it needs to be allowed.

I thought I had explained that in my post, except for the careless editor "fixing" things part, but I guess not clearly enough. Thanks for bolstering my point and adding the caveat.
Country Manager & Global Champ - United States
Regional Coordinator - South Atlantic
Area Manager - Southern California
ottonomy
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: Odd issue with road

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue May 14, 2013 9:59 pm

ottonomy wrote:I thought I had explained that in my post, except for the careless editor "fixing" things part, but I guess not clearly enough. Thanks for bolstering my point and adding the caveat.

You did. I like to get out my sledgehammer sometimes.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to Waze Map Editor