Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

My reports are completely ignored!

Post by WaysExplorer
So what is the purpose of making these reports if they are ignored completely? There are red light cameras at Ocean Parkway & Ave W in Brooklyn, NY on both directions. And I saw tickets issued here. I made several reports about this location but I see camera on map for few hours then it disappears. I don't understand this. Can anybody explain to me what kind of app is Waze. I downloaded it to help me avoid this kind of cameras on the road but how they appear on map? I thought before that we all build it's map but this is wrong! I assume that if my reports are ignored so are others. And how we can help each other going this way?
WaysExplorer

POSTER_ID:14287875

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Another clueless whiner.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by jasonh300
WaysExplorer wrote:Thanks for comment. It is more complicated than I thought before. Thanks god I don't need to contact Knesset because the origin of Waze is in Israel and everything must be blessed by them first. So I think that this app is for masada only because I cannot follow this bureaucrat line. Have a fun using this app!!! And please do not direct me to anybody except buttons on the screen of my phone!!!!!
This app is obviously not for you. Waze is crowd sourced and relies on actual input from its users. If you're looking for something that won't require such effort, you should buy a commercial GPS app or a standalone device.

Via my iPhone 4S.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
You came in, asked a question, it was answered and then you made disparaging remarks about the procedures that were explained to you. You've already made your opinion known about crowd sourced applications, which is what Waze is. There's really nothing more to say.

Via my iPhone 4S.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by razor2k
RLC's have to be approved in the editor. You can do this yourself but be aware it could be deleted by a higher ranking editor. You could send a PM to your area manager validating the camera does exist and they can approve it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
razor2k
Send a message
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual

Post by thefatveganchef
The editor is located here: https://www.waze.com/editor for anyone to edit. All the editors in the US are volunteers and users of the app like yourself. The cameras you reported are more than likely in the editor waiting for approval which you yourself can approve.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by WaysExplorer
Thanks for comment. It is more complicated than I thought before. Thanks god I don't need to contact Knesset because the origin of Waze is in Israel and everything must be blessed by them first. So I think that this app is for masada only because I cannot follow this bureaucrat line. Have a fun using this app!!! And please do not direct me to anybody except buttons on the screen of my phone!!!!!
WaysExplorer
Send a message

Post by WaysExplorer
I will try to be more detailed. Thanks for awards. Thanks for nicknames. I will skip that. This community is very friendly! I was thinking like you before. I report this particular red light camera during last 3-4 months. I am not as familiar with approval or anything else on the way this report helps others so I used waze straight forward way. I just pressed button and waited until my report affects map in my area. I was not prepared for serious scientific work and for years approving obvious things. But anyway thank you for being kind to me! And thank you for directing me away from your product! The most stupid reaction I ever expected from support!
WaysExplorer
Send a message