These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Giving up on Waze

Post by FlatBowsRule
Nexus One. 2.2.

Sorry but I need my phone to work when customers call me. Your software causes it to reboot at seemingly random time. Uninstalled.
FlatBowsRule

POSTER_ID:719933

Send a message

Post by Atlas85
This looks like it is specifically a problem on the Nexus One, which is apparently not suitable for this app.
Changing (improving) the routing is something you can do with the Cartouche. Score rank & points differ: check on what server you are logged in (world or www). Also, whilst the points in the client themselves are consequently lower than the points in the dashboard online, the rank should be the same. Note that there is a difference between state-ranking & serverranking, and than again in week & all-time ranking.
Atlas85
Send a message

Post by Cmusciano
Even running the 2.0 release on a Nexus One, it will completely crash the phone. I really like waze, but the instability is frustrating. Other problems on a Nexus One:

* I use it in the car dock. If you remove the phone from the dock, waze locks up tight and you have to kill the process to remove it.

* I use the phone in landscape mode while in the dock. Every so often, waze just reverts to portrait mode and stays that way, even if you rotate the phone back and forth. All other apps correctly sense and react to the orientation, but not waze.

* I can make no sense of my score, rank, or points. I seem to have many different scores that change from the app to the web site to my group. It's fun to collect points, but it sure would be nice for them to make sense.

* Routing is hysterically bad sometimes, and there are gross errors in the map. How do you get those corrected?
Cmusciano
Send a message

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,

I have noticed that my Xperia X1 which now has Windows 6.5 on starts doing "strange things" after a while when using Waze.

1) Screen blanks and appears again randomly.
2) General system slow-down.
3) Sometimes randomly blanks and powers off.

I find it best, for the moment, to restart the phone once finished using Waze so that the phone will work properly!
I suspect that there is some memory leak, or Waze is not releasing all the memory allocated to it when shut down.

Still in two minds about this. Although I enjoy adding roads and updating things and generally adding to the community, it needs to be a little more mature.
Shame too that maps cannot be downloaded in toto and have a feature to allow live updates.. Something to consider, perhaps.

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by FlatBowsRule
Noticed the latest version since my previous post.

Unfortunatley still crashed my Nexus One.

Uninstalled. Will check back in the future.
FlatBowsRule
Send a message

Post by TK80866
Did you try the 1.10.99.122 Beta version? Coz that's a pretty stable version.
TK80866
Send a message
Had a lot of outdated stuff here.. I should be more active, I guess ;)

Post by waynemcdougall
@CMusciano - you're having a frustrating experience. I feel there are answers. I'm sure I've seen other Nexus One users, and don't see all of these problems reported. So we need to figure out what the source of the problem may be. I think there may be bugs in the Waze app. If so, that's good, because Waze will fix it. But we need to verify that.
CMusciano wrote:Even running the 2.0 release on a Nexus One, it will completely crash the phone. I really like waze, but the instability is frustrating.
I'm sorry if you have to repeat yourself, but if you can report more about that crashes with Waze 2.0 - unless they are all detailed below.
CMusciano wrote:* I use it in the car dock. If you remove the phone from the dock, waze locks up tight and you have to kill the process to remove it.
This sounds like a bug, and I'm going to report it as such. Is there anything you can think of that is non-standard about your Nexus One? Any other apps giving you problems?

And are you running any other apps. Just for diagnostic purposes, are you able to stop running anything except Waze? Ideally, I'd ask you to backup your phone, reset it to factory standard and try Waze on that plain configuration. Just for troubleshooting. But that may be too much to ask.
CMusciano wrote:I use the phone in landscape mode while in the dock. Every so often, waze just reverts to portrait mode and stays that way, even if you rotate the phone back and forth. All other apps correctly sense and react to the orientation, but not waze.
This is really unlikely to be a bug in Waze. It gets the event from the phone, and reacts. Again it makes me wonder if some other app you are running is interfering. Still I'll report it with a question mark, in case any one else has the same experience.

Are than any events or notifications that coem up associated with the switch to portrait mode? Some message from the phone? For example, does it happen after you receive a text message?

As a test, are you able to confirm that when Waze is locked in portrait mode, and you switch to other apps, that they will change orientation. That is, I want confirmation hat when Waze is locked in orientation other apps aren't locked in orientation at the same time
CMusciano wrote:I can make no sense of my score, rank, or points. I seem to have many different scores that change from the app to the web site to my group. It's fun to collect points, but it sure would be nice for them to make sense.
This I can answer. They do all make sense, but
a) there are many combinations of weekly, all-time, state, country, and
b) there's a time lag between server and phone - the phone tries to estimate, the server keeps the master record, and the web site shows the latest as processed by the webserver

This needs to be documented. I'll add it to my list of things to do. In the meantime, feel free to
a) think about it, and thern
b) ask some more specific questions
CMusciano wrote:Routing is hysterically bad sometimes, and there are gross errors in the map. How do you get those corrected?
Great. Another one I can answer. Yes, the routing is bad until the maps are corrwect. Then it is fantastic. So how to get the maps right? Eventually Waze will learn as you drive over them. But pfthhhhh - who wants to wait? So you have three choices:
a) wait - keep Waze on as you drive and it will learn better routes
b) fix it yourself
c) ask someone else to fix it

b) also needs better documentation, but you can work it out from http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Impr ... t_the_maps

Better documentation for map editing is almost at the top of my to do list. It's all there. Just not very friends and linear and tutorial and step-by-step like. So if you're frightened by the wiki now, give it a couple of weeks

c) we need to know where it is. Ideally you'd go to the Livemap and give us a permalink (click on the Waze logo on the livemap to do that. Or a description of the route would help.
Best place to post would be in the forum for your country, asking for someone to take a look. Or if you look in the Map Editor, you can turn on the Area Managers layer, see who that is, see if the frequent the forum, and ask them for help.

Or even easier, post an Update Request - report a map error in the area, and explain you'd like someone to fix the map problems in the area.

And you can ask me, because I just love making routes work well.
waynemcdougall
Send a message
Waze User Manuals, Map Editing guide and support at http://www.waze.com/wiki
Wayne McDougall
Make Friends with me on Facebook and we'll compete against each other on the Scoreboard
http://www.facebook.com/wayne.w.mcdougall