Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by hamster--
jasonh300 wrote:Unsplitting is likely to generate even more Missing Road type MPs. There's no need to do anything about those unless an actual road is missing.
Semi-dated thread, but I finally found an intersection somebody made that is a perfect example of what I was talking about.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... s=55569961

With an intersection like this, ALL turns are controlled, without having to use "short segment" tricks, etc. I kind of like it, but....
hamster--
Send a message
Last edited by hamster-- on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by hamster--
which road you talking about? how pacific blvd is different? all i did was wipe some extra geometry in the area, so dont blame me X_X if you see somethin needs fixin, feel free.
hamster--
Send a message

Post by hamster--
Guess I'll just use these when specific u-turn control is needed, since that seems to be their only use.
hamster--
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
gohamstergo wrote:So, what is the general consensus? Personally, I'd like to unsplit most (if not all) intersections to give full control of the turns. Is this an acceptable practice now? There may be times where leaving them split is best, I'm not sure. Just looking for input before I make any of this style of change on a broad scale.
If its working, leave it alone.

Via my iPhone 4S.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
gohamstergo wrote: Well, I see plenty of "Missing Road" SRs on many intersections. Would fix that by unsplitting the intersection. I would only change them as SRs appear. My questions is, should I?
Unsplitting is likely to generate even more Missing Road type MPs. There's no need to do anything about those unless an actual road is missing.

Via my iPhone 4S.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Making a change like that to control Uturns and making a change to try to reduce MPs are two different things.

Don't waste your time on Missing Road MPs unless there is actually a missing road. Just mark them solved and move on.

Via my iPhone 4S.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
The only time its necessary to do that is when you need to control Uturns. And there are other ways to handle that.

If Uturns are that frequently disallowed, then the entire road should be unsplit. This is what I meant by not needing to do anything unless it was causing a problem. If you're seeing URs or experiencing improper routing, then this would be to corrective action to take.

However, this has nothing to do with Missing Road MPs. Waze instructing a Uturn where they're not allowed will not generate an MP.

Via my iPhone 4S.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
gohamstergo wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:Unsplitting is likely to generate even more Missing Road type MPs. There's no need to do anything about those unless an actual road is missing.
Semi-dated thread, but I finally found an intersection somebody made that is a perfect example of what I was talking about.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... s=55569961

With an intersection like this, ALL turns are controlled, without having to use "short segment" tricks, etc. I kind of like it, but....
Looks like a perfect example of an intersection that will generate a lot of MPs that really don't need any attention other than to mark solved.

Someone with a little bit of editing experience should go in and clean up after the level 3 who unsuccessfully tried to change the road type of the road to the south.

Via my iPhone 4S
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
gohamstergo wrote:which road you talking about? how pacific blvd is different? all i did was wipe some extra geometry in the area, so dont blame me X_X if you see somethin needs fixin, feel free.
I don't think it was your name on it, however one side of the road was marked as a Minor Highway, and the other side was marked as a street...blatantly wrong, especially considering that it appears to be the entrance to a parking lot. Looks like russblau already came in and fixed that.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I also might add that in that example, the only reason for putting in a bowtie is to prevent U-Turns. However, there's not a single restricted turn on that Bowtie.

I would think that the road coming from the south should not be allowed to make a U-turn...possibly from other directions also. What happened here is that a level (1) came in and split the road from the south...probably not necessary...set it up as a Minor Highway, and didn't restrict the U-turn.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message