Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Correcting Map Error

Post by houndtt
I think I've made a mess of the Lady Young Road trying to correct Mc Kai Street in Belmont! Here's the scenario... Firstly, I'm using the old editor since I cannot seem to edit street names or geometry in the new one. (Can someone confirm if this is just me or my browser?)

I looked at Mc Kai Street in Belmont which seems to merge with Belmont Circular Road on one end the Lady Young Road on the other. Unfortunately the part that merges with Belmont Circular is locked (and incorrectly named) so I thought I'd just delete the part that goes up the Lady Young Road and recreate it while I rename the remaining segment to Belmont Valley Road which is the correct name for the lower half. (I've not found a way in the editor to split a road such that I can do this otherwise.)

Unfortunately, when I deleted the segment parts connected to Lady Young Road the major road seems to still be tied to the now renamed Belmont Valley Road and it will not allow me to detach them. Clearly I'm doing something wrong and I don't have permissions to fix it.

Please accept my apologies for the mess; I need some help getting it fixed.
houndtt

POSTER_ID:3589277

Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
Maybe they didn't go thru. Maybe they did, being red and incomplete, they got deleted. Who knows. Go into your recent drives and it will show the path you took so you can hand draw them in. Be sure to set turns, city, and street names.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by catrinasm
So, new to this whole thing and have been encountering a frequent problem in the east in particular....... time dependent one way streets. Is there anyway to adjust the system to accommodate for these.
catrinasm
Send a message

Post by houndtt
Thank you for this... apparently most of my problems stemmed from a permissions issue. I guess as a new user I have to drive some more and get more cupcakes. I got the roads fixed and joined a few segments with the bridge icon which now appears. I'm even able to correct road names and such in the new editor! You are right, the new editor is infinitely more usable than the old one...
houndtt
Send a message

Post by lakj100
make sure you are using http://world.waze.com/editor to do your edits.
http://www.waze.com/editor is for the US only.

Also make sure your phone is on the correct server.
Search for "##@other" in the WAZE app on your phone (without the quotation marks). That will ensure it is using the server that Trinidad uses.
lakj100
Send a message
Last edited by lakj100 on Sat May 18, 2013 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by lakj100
Please also read this guide before editing.
http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Map_ ... ed_Kingdom
lakj100
Send a message

Post by lakj100
On your phone are you seeing the all the roads that show up in the editor?
lakj100
Send a message

Post by Ronbow
I have the same problem. I "paved" a few roads. The following day I checked them online and they appear on the map, but I do not have permission to edit them! "I can only edit segments in my driving area." How can this be outside of my driving area if I paved it??
Ronbow
Send a message

Post by roovid
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&l ... ,137058226

i am unable to modify the map problem reported.
i have been trying since yesterday.

can't add a new road to allow the turn the user did.
nor can i edit the Tarouba Link Road to add a proper junction to allow the turn.

can u plz help
keep getting this error
While you were editing, the elements you're trying to save have been modified and/or deleted. Please refresh and try again waze help
roovid
Send a message

Post by tazmarky
Hi all
I paved a couple roads in Toco a couple weeks ago, just getting around to coming and giving them their names but I'm not seeing them on the map now. Is it that I took too long?
tazmarky
Send a message