Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

PH: inquiry feedback: waze search feature

Post by
Heeello wazers! magandang araw sa lahat,

the waze team is conducting an investigation on our clients' SEARCH feature..
apparently, the SEARCH engine is not returning any results...

may we ask you guys (& gals) to check your apps for anomalies?

the sooner we could return feedbacks to Waze HQ, the sooner this bug would be fixed.

Thank you in advance wazers, Mabuhay!

POSTER_ID:4622732

Send a message

Post by ae58
i encounter this problem frequently. it is a pain to always delete & reinstall the app, specially if you're on the road & you have to rely on 3G to download the app.

iPhone 4G iOS 6.1.3
Waze 3.7.2
ae58
Send a message

Post by calicantzaros
Same with me. Search Engines always disappear from time to time.
calicantzaros
Send a message

Post by cerebralflip
Been having this problem for the longest time. For both types of searches, navigation and categories, it only searches the contacts. The other search engines don't show up. Is the solution to delete and reinstall? I have the latest version of waze, iphone 4s, ios6. Any suggestions?
cerebralflip
Send a message

Post by furuboru
Looks like that did it too! :P
furuboru
Send a message

Post by iPrimus
Hi,

I am having this search engine problem as well. It used to be very reliable, but now I have to delete and reinstall Waze to bring them back. I have iPhone 4S using iOS 6.1.3 (10B329) on Verizon. The search engines will disappear for no reason and Waze can only use my contacts to search.

One thing I notice is that if I bring up the menu, the icon next to "Navigate" is "Gas" if the search engines are still intact; otherwise, the icon will become "Categories" if they are gone. If I touch the "Categories" icon and bring it up, Waze says "No items".

Please help, I use Waze every day for over a year, and this is really upsetting.
iPrimus
Send a message

Post by ivanatorprime
Hey I'm experiencing this recently after an update, i have to reinstall the apps again
ivanatorprime
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by kangmaroo
I too am having this problem. All I have is "Other search engines" which doesn't provide any help at all in navi search.
kangmaroo
Send a message

Post by kazmuth
the quick fix is uninstalling and re-installing waze. join us in FB at https://www.facebook.com/groups/WazePhilippines/ if you haven't joined yet
kazmuth
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Waze Philippines Country Manager/ Global Champ / Coordinator
Join the Philippine Waze Users Facebook group

Post by mponteres
I do experience this. Waze, Foursquare, Google search option is not visible, only the contacts are available. As a resolution, I delete the app and install it again. Btw, I am using the latest version (Waze 3.6 for iOS).
mponteres
Send a message
[img]https:///9Lblq[/img]

Post by mponteres
SpeedDzel wrote:
mponteres wrote:I do experience this. Waze, Foursquare, Google search option is not visible, only the contacts are available. As a resolution, I delete the app and install it again. Btw, I am using the latest version (Waze 3.6 for iOS).
Hi Mark!

may i presume you're searching under the NAVIGATE search? and that you've tried tapping the other search engine buttons?

thank you so much for the feedback & specs, this will help Waze techs sort out the bugs further... :D
Until now, after updating Waze for iOS to version 3.7, I do experience again missing search engine, only see Contacts. I thought it will fix the issue :shock:
mponteres
Send a message
[img]https:///9Lblq[/img]