[Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.8.2 2014-01-29

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.8.2 2014-01-29

Postby ditchi56 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:35 pm

Jay91150 wrote:Is there any possibility in getting JNF updated to "fix" 'same endpoints drivable segments' in a similar fashion to how it fixes self-connecting loops, so that I can just hit one node of a 'same endpoints' with the 'qw' key combination and it'll automatically break the segment in question into two? Or is there another script/extension (for Chrome please :)) that will do that?

It'd save me a huge amount of time getting rid of thousands of these segments in my city, rather than drawing a road intersecting the segment and then deleting it.

What a good idea!

But it sounds like a job for a new script to me. If you try to use JNF, presumably having selected a node, how would it choose which of (at least) two roads to put the new node in?

Easier for you to select a segment, put the cursor at the point you want a new node, and type some magic key combination to trigger a new script. Unfortunately I haven't the foggiest idea how to write scripts, so someone else will have to step forward...
ditchi56

Re: [Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.7.5 Dec 23 2012

Postby DMZamora » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:54 pm

Seems broken (no 'Q' shortcut) since the last WME update, a few hours ago.
ImageImage
Dúvidas? Que tal iniciar pelos links úteis?
DMZamora

Postby DMZamora » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:51 am

paulkok_my wrote:Works fine for me in Chrome.

Weird, I'm using Chrome here too. Tried reinstalling and still having the issue, Q shortcut just disallows all turns. It was working perfectly before the update.
ImageImage
DMZamora

Postby DMZamora » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:47 am

paulkok_my wrote:
DMZamora wrote:
paulkok_my wrote:Works fine for me in Chrome.

Weird, I'm using Chrome here too. Tried reinstalling and still having the issue, Q shortcut just disallows all turns. It was working perfectly before the update.

My current version is WME Junction Node Fixer 0.0.7.7 and it works on my Chrome Version 28.0.1500.95 m

Edit:
After update my Chrome to Version 29.0.1547.57 m also works fine the JNF

Nice, is there any .crx version of 0.0.7.7? Still on 0.0.7.6 here.
ImageImage
DMZamora

Postby DMZamora » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:22 pm

paulkok_my wrote:
DMZamora wrote:
Nice, is there any .crx version of 0.0.7.7? Still on 0.0.7.6 here.

I got it from here

No joy, unfortunately. Last versions from both JNF and Chrome, not working yet.

Edit:
The culprit seems to be Waze Aerial Shifter 1.2.14. Disabling it got JNF working right away. Updating WAS to 1.2.15 (link) apparently fixed the issue.
Last edited by DMZamora on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
DMZamora

Postby doctorkb » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:35 pm

olestas wrote:Please remove fixing of U-Turns. Now as they are released, this function destroys them.

I'm of mixed thought towards this. Most segments shouldn't have a u-turn enabled.

I guess as long as Colours & Highlights continues to point them out, it doesn't matter much whether it's in this script or not...
Waze Global Champ
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Calgary, AB; Maui, HI; and various places in between
ImageImage
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:49 pm

olestas wrote:Actually most segments "should" have a u-turn... you can do this on most roads and junctions.
And highlights just informs about it... but this script by default removes u-turn.

It depends on your jurisdiction.

In Canada, most segments where you would want to do a u-turn, you can't (legally). And most where you can legally, you wouldn't want to attempt it, as it isn't safe.

The law for the province of Alberta is for any junction of roads where it is safe to do so, providing it is an uncontrolled intersection -- so if there are traffic lights, no u-turn. Oddly enough, those are usually the only intersections that are big enough to do a u-turn in.

And yes, I know that highlights just points them out. But I also see no problem in obliterating them with JNF -- as long as users using JNF know that it will happen.

Technically, the only thing JNF *needs* to do now is deal with the revconns... both u-turns and soft turns can be dealt with in WME... so JNF just makes things easier.
Waze Global Champ
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Calgary, AB; Maui, HI; and various places in between
ImageImage
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:25 pm

Totally agree.

There are, however, some instances (e.g. here: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat ... 4,71509500 ) where the u-turn is a functional requirement for the ramp system.

I've enabled some u-turns in my 'hood so I can see how the routing works (when it is all enabled) -- particularly one at the end of a segment where my mailbox is (I usually pull a u-turn there anyhow, and Waze thinks I need to drive around the block to get home).

I'll let you know how that works out. :)
Waze Global Champ
ImageImage
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Wed May 22, 2013 11:22 pm

jasonh300 wrote:How does one go about compiling the *.user.js into a *.crx?

http://developer.chrome.com/extensions/packaging.html
Waze Global Champ
ImageImage
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:18 pm

DMZamora wrote:Seems broken (no 'Q' shortcut) since the last WME update, a few hours ago.

It still works fine with both production and beta editors on the N.A. server. Perhaps this is a ROTW issue?
Waze Global Champ
ImageImage
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts