Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by WeeeZer14
Inconsistent UI: Menu > My Waze > My Nickname does not have a Back button, only a Close button.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by WeeeZer14
McCracken808 wrote:TTS is saying the word "to" when instructing to take a ramp or at grade connection with the word "to" in its' name. Do we need to rename all those segments to reflect the actual road it's leading to?
Say you have a road segment named "to blah". In the past TTS would say "turn right at blah" for that segment.

What is it doing now? "turn right to blah" or "turn right at to blah"? Or did I misunderstand?
WeeeZer14
Send a message
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)

Post by WeeeZer14
I have never had a Facebook account. If I click the Friends button in Waze, all I get is a screen that says "You have to connect to facebook to see who's driving..." With back, close, and Connect to Facebook buttons.
WeeeZer14
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
App is great and like using it but some issues and features missing for me:
I don't know why it only has add one stop. Would like to see the feature have multiple stops.
Useful when mapping and trying to route scenic drives that are not necessarily the fastest or shortest route. ..... And also for multiple stops.

I would also like to see a button next to each road and/or direction in the "all turns" list that allows you to avoid a particular road and route around it instead. Also include the current road in the list. Can be a big help when stuck in traffic and you want to get off and this will stop waze routing you back onto the same road and into the traffic.

Search for locations needs to be vastly improved. Was good when google search was on the list - now it is just terrible and mostly never finds what am looking for without having to be exactly specific and type the whole string of text in.

Traffic bar that shows up after a destination is selected and the route calculated should be in the "your trip" screen also. It should update in real time and should have option to pop/slide up unobtrusively when new traffic conditions ahead are detected.

Custom in-app map color editor would be nice.

Be nice to be able to click on a Facebook friend online and see where they are on the map.

Some features added to sliding the left and right bottom buttons up - rather than just the left or right ones currently. Report button could have customizable quick report when sliding up or anything really that it can be customized to.

If doing a voice command is the location at which it starts automatically saved? I.e if you do a voice command for a hazard report where in the process is the hazard reported. Should be at the point of the voice command feature activated and location saved, just like pressing the report button.

With the share drive screen - would like to see large one-click favorite contact(s) or group of contacts buttons to quickly share to. It's quite dangerous having to type in each name then select the number to repeat contacts to share via message (which I am sure most people do whilst driving).
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
When a friend sends a "beep beep" message to me it says it was from myself - instead of from the friend.
Same thing happening with them when I send them a "beep beep" message.
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xirurg58
Today Waze hanged while route creating at about 6.30 am. Logs were send.

Also I see nothing in the 1st line of Events radius.

Отправлено с iPad via Tapatalk
xirurg58
Send a message

Post by zexpe
perlin wrote: ✓ Update gas prices popup: When in gas station users prompted to update price (Europe only)
Nice, but it's broken in a very annoying way. It says "are these prices correct" and then doesn't display any prices (but does say they were updated by user "long string of numbers" 1 day ago - me). Apparently if you enter the prices via the old method (and not via the pop-up) the correct information is there (according to the equivalent Android thread). Surely the whole point of the pop up is to get you to check that the prices are correct, which is impossible if it's not showing them!
zexpe
Send a message

Post by zexpe
perlin wrote: ✓ Reduced map clutter by showing only relevant road names
I think you've shot yourself in the foot on this one. Now my commute to work along the motorway was very boring with the Waze client not showing me the labels of any surrounding objects; no road labels, no junction labels, no landmark labels. This makes Waze look like a very "unfinished" sat nav product compared to your competitors. I'm all for reducing map clutter, but there's lot of room to include useful labels such as junction numbers/names and the names of the roads they lead to, possibly the names of parallel routes and other large landmarks adjacent to the motorway such as parks. I learnt so much about the area surrounding my commute from glancing at the Waze map as I drove into work. This in turn encouraged me to add and label missing landmarks - now there is no incentive for me or other drivers to do this.

The only labels I did see on my commute were the city labels, which was particularly frustrating, because they were still wrong due to a long delay in the update of the city layer and the bug whereby zombie city labels remain despite there no longer being any map objects using this label: the only labels I could see were the ones I couldn't effectively edit, so there goes the incentive to edit labels on the Waze map...
zexpe
Send a message

Post by zexpe
PhantomSoul wrote:Anyone else seeing a notification badge on the Waze icon on your iPhone's home screen with no apparent messages in Waze or ways to dismiss that notification badge?
iPhone -> Settings -> Notifications -> Waze -> Badge App Icon -> Off

;)
zexpe
Send a message

Post by zexpe
davipt wrote:
Dave2084 wrote:I'm sorry to say that there is a critical flaw in iOS6 which Waze suffers from ... Apple Maps.
It's not a critical flaw, it's a changed behavior on the API that can be reverted back with a flag, and affects all apps that uses location and were not aware of the new API flag, but you are right Waze does suffer everytime the Apple maps deviates from the real world :mrgreen:
That's crazy. Why doesn't Waze fix this? I'm glad I'm still on iOS 5 for now... even if Waze fixes their app there are bound to be loads of other GPS apps I use that suffer from this. Pretty surprising given how much publicity Waze got out of not being Apple Maps!
zexpe
Send a message