Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by bgodette
doctorkb wrote:
request of Waze staff
A source citation would be appreciated. I've not seen this request in my travels.
You have access to read it, surprised you haven't.
doctorkb wrote:... then with the use of JNF (clicking on the endnode, then hitting 'q'), ... Unless you actually selected the end node, JNF did nothing to them, in my experience -- which sounds to be a change in behaviour now.
JNF would only update the u-turn on the dead end if both nodes were visible in the map view, to specifically avoid the situation where a segment appears to be a dead end because the other end is outside your bounding box. That's still the case.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
doctorkb wrote:I'm sorry... but your "because I said so" doesn't hold much water -- unless you can reference some thread that has extensive testing and/or a semi-public (e.g. GC forum) or public request from staff, I'm sticking to my guns.
It's your choice to leave users in your area with broken routing. Your argument against is "because I said so" and I'm saying "logically it must be, however there was once an issue which is now fixed, and Waze directly said they should be turned on because the issue is fixed". But that's ok because no one is forcing you to use this.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
jasonh300 wrote:The request to not mess with the dead-end Uturns was given to the Waze champs in the Champs forum.

That being said, I think it's a ridiculous request and we've more than shown that enabled dead-end Uturns cause major routing problems and the developers have yet to fix the problem. The problems with enabled dead-end Uturns are far worse than the problems with them disabled (which I've never been able to duplicate).

But yes, Waze has made this request and we're expected to honor it and just hope an pray that they fix the problem on their end before everyone deletes the app and moves on to something else.
It's been fixed for a while Jason. It's likely been working as it does today since sometime between January (when they talked about it indirectly in DA/RI) and April when we got the answer to a direct question in person with the two authorities on routing.

But what the hell do I know, it's not like anyone knew anything about dead-end U-Turns, the consequent problems caused by enabling them, the problems caused by disabling them, or could even edit them in Papyrus/WME without manually typing javascript in the dev console before JNF. :roll:
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
jasonh300 wrote:They still seem to be baffled by the one that I reported about a month ago.
Is it in DA?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
kentsmith9 wrote:
sketch wrote:disregard
Pay no attention to this.
Do not look behind the curtain.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
mikenit wrote:Since a problem/modification in WME, JNF and others scripts are broken.

WARNING: keys W and Q fall back to the original function in the WME.
You're not running 0.0.9.0 or 0.0.9.1 as JNF is unaffected, since 0.0.9.0 was compatible with the Beta code that is now Production. The new Beta code is a different story.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
bgodette wrote:Converts single node roundabouts (lollipops) and loops into a three segment loop.
Brian, I am finding that single-node loops are not being split by JNF. Example: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=81329638
Hmm, that was the reason for 0.0.9.1, there was a change in Beta (before .206) that broke it one way and it looks like what was released to Public broke it a different way. Will update this evening.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
bgodette wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
bgodette wrote:Converts single node roundabouts (lollipops) and loops into a three segment loop.
Brian, I am finding that single-node loops are not being split by JNF. Example: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=81329638
Hmm, that was the reason for 0.0.9.1, there was a change in Beta (before .206) that broke it one way and it looks like what was released to Public broke it a different way. Will update this evening.
Fixed and published.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I have no issues with prod WME, but beta WME does give me the API check error on W.Action.
And now updated to 0.0.9.3 for all the new Beta API goodness. Bookmarklets are next.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
bgodette wrote:Fixed and published.
Working much better now!

However, in that example I provided, now this link: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 9,81376011 the extra junctions which are part of the loop split do not have turns enabled. I think that by default they should be.
That was fixed in 9.3
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message