Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Kuhlkatz
If you are able to follow instructions and can decipher plain English as used in the Wiki, this post may assist.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by Kuhlkatz
Ok, lets make the solution simple :

Step 1. Read the Wiki section on Bonus points and road goodies to ensure that you are eligible to contact support for some Candy / Achievement that you did not get. This includes ensuring that you understand that the "First week you drove nnn days" does not seem to unlock all in one week any more, and that you also have waited for at least one full weekly cycle of point updates to complete. If you are not eligible, do not continue.

Step 2. Go to the Waze support site and type "Bonus Candy not unlocking" into the Quick help bar. Two topics are displayed, the first relating to "Points or routes not updated (Missing Points)" and the second one is "Achievements won't unlock".

Step 3. Read the section on "Achievements won't unlock" and note that it states "Please contact us if you didn't get candies that you collected.". The instructions on "How to contact us", is detailed in the Wiki Frequently Asked Questions, which is very good (read compulsory) reading material in general.

Step 4. Read through Question # 35 and pay special attention to the "nanoRep - Quick Help" paragraph.

Step 5. Now that you that have read through the section and you understand it's contents, simply follow the 8 easy steps in Question # 35 to file your official complaint that you were short-changed on the Candies.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by Kuhlkatz
DanHazard wrote:In my opinion, the Wiki should be updated with more clear instructions to help people who are having this problem, it's a popular topic, and after some personal research, I don't feel the Wiki gives accurate enough help in regards to solving the issue.
DanHazard, thanks for pointing this out.

The Wiki was updated to the correct procedure when the older "direct link" to the form was initially removed. This was done to reduce the number of support tickets raised for questions that the "Quick Search" could easily provide.
It seems that this procedure did indeed change again on nanoRep by the introduction of another Category Menu that is initially displayed. The "If you cannot find your answer, Please click here to contact us" link is not displayed like before after you selected a main Category.

Only the initial "Next>>>" or subsequent "More>>>" links will take you to the original Category menu.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by leapdog1
How do you report bonus points problems to support? I have been all over the support page and can find no way of contacting them.
leapdog1
Send a message

Post by leapdog1
For two weeks now I have driven every day. No 3 day and no 4 day. I also have more than 5 friends connected in facebook but no first friend and no 5 friends bonus. I have looked everywhere to contact support and can find no way to contact them. Only these forums or FAQ. In the forums everyone keeps saying to go to the support tab but there is no way to contact support there only to ask a question in the quick help, wiki or forums.

Why is it so hard to find out how to contact support directly?

How can I get the bonus resolved?
leapdog1
Send a message

Post by leapdog1
sahls72 wrote:Click on support and type what you are looking for in the quick help. If none of the links answer your question, at the bottom of the page it says "Still can't find what you are looking for? Click Here".
Yeah- did that. Not helpful.
leapdog1
Send a message

Post by mikeinvb
I'm having the same problem too. candy machine's broken :(
mikeinvb
Send a message

Post by mikemey
I've had this happen for 4 or 5 weeks in a row - I'd drive every day, and no credit, nothing.
mikemey
Send a message

Post by MoeMoeMtl
There is definitely an issue with the assigning of Bonus Candy. I have been driving with the App for over 3 months and still haven't received the bonus candy for driving 4 days straight. Not sure where I submit the issue but thought I would start here.
MoeMoeMtl
Send a message

Post by Riamus
I saw that for last week as well. I got the day 2 bonus on Tuesday, but never received any other and I drove M-F last week with Waze on. I was thinking it might use a different start/end day than Monday, so am waiting to see if it worked this week.
Riamus
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Previously Area Manager: Michigan - Northern LP.
Waze running on Samsung Galaxy S21+.