These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Plan multiple destination/route/waypoint/stop

Post by
Hello. I'm using Waze several days per week, it's fantastic, but when I'm on my motorcycle, I'm missing a cool feature : possibility to prepare my itinerary at home, selecting the best routes I want to ride, and exporting this to my Android phone to guide me when on the road.

Now I'm using Copilot Live Premium to do this, but it's, by far, not as good as Waze.

So it would be really cool if Waze could import GPS-eXchange files generated by external map softwares like Tyre or ITN-Converter, with multiple waypoints, and then guide the driver on the selected route going through all waypoints.

POSTER_ID:5735173

Send a message

Post by AdreaJohns
Is there a way to optimize a route with multiple stops?
AdreaJohns
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The future plans do include such multi-point routing, including being able to set these from the web, but we're likely months or year away from seeing this implemented. Only the single stop point is available, but even the app shows signs of future plans because when you arrive at your stop point, it says something like, "You have arrived at your first stop point."

This idea isn't new and has been discussed on the forums before.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Already requested a few times.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Perhaps in the future
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Amgeek
Add my vote for a way to make multi-stop pre-planed trips on my computer and upload them to my phone for later use.
Amgeek
Send a message

Post by ApexRon
Waze is a fantastic navigation tool. However, Waze is missing out on a revenue generating opportunity. As the posters to this subject have indicated, Waze needs the capability to perform "route planning" based on a list of waypoints that have either been entered manually or imported from a .csv file. While the general public would like this to be free, I am sure that businesses would be willing to pay. To accommodate both there needs to be a pricing structure so that 1-5 waypoints per day are free, 6-10 waypoints per day are $0.50, 11-15 waypoints per day are $0.75, and so on. Additionally you could charge $15 per month for unlimited waypoints per day. For IOS devices, the .csv file would be imported from iCloud drive. There are companies out there that do "route planning" but charge an exorbitant rate just to create the route and they don't have GPS capability.
ApexRon
Send a message

Post by BareBunns
Yes, multiple stops would be VERY helpful along with multi-stop route optimization!
BareBunns
Send a message

Post by bimmer4WDrift
IsaacShuekePeace wrote:*Is there a function to insert a multipoint (multiroute , multistop) on Waze? I am talking about 10-20 points.

In my case, I have a small restaurant. Clients make orders via web, and we personal (1 by 1) plan the delivery routes everyday. Some times many times a day... (taking a lot of time).

Could Waze help in any of this 2 different ways: ?

1.- Offering a MULTIPOINT (Multiroute , Multistop). I enter the routes 1 by 1, and Waze gives me the best rute.

2.- Troughout the WAZE API, My clients place:
- Order
- Time Placed Order
- Delivery Address

Then Waze planifies the best route (by making a rute every 30 minutes (or whenever I indicate Waze to close the next rute)).

I don´t know If am a going to far... But I think this tool will be very helpful for many different industries.

*To WAZE: Or maybe you have a different platform for business? That I can subscribe or pay to develop custom needs?
As iainhouse said, Waze can't do multi stop routing. It already takes several seconds to calculate alternative routes for one 5-15 mile stop.

What you desire is better done in Google or Bing maps online at the store where current traffic and shortest time / distance can be considered and stops rearranged and printed, then go using Waze. I'm assuming for food deliveries some sort of time order is desired first to last stop.

You could use the list map to make revisions on the road regarding visible traffic. Or even share the map route to your phone so you could revise and recalculate.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
bimmer4WDrift
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Gary
Editor R3 metro VA / MD / DC
OnePlus 11 / Android 14

Post by bimmer4WDrift
Actually the app will now do two stops. Start routing to the final destination, then add an intermediate one. Waze will ask 'New Drive' - no, or 'Add Stop' - yes. If you try to add a third it will cancel out the first two. There is also a 'Later' function under 'Routes' for preprogramming.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
bimmer4WDrift
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Gary
Editor R3 metro VA / MD / DC
OnePlus 11 / Android 14

Post by BobAndMary11
I agree with this feature request. For example, I need to drive to Chicago for my mother's birthday Party next Saturday; I need to stop at my niece's first to drop something off and then pick up my wife at O'Hare at 3:00. I want to know what time I should I leave NE Ohio to get to O'Hare on time, including the stop at my niece's house. As it is I need to make multiple trips working backwards from O'Hare at 3:00.
BobAndMary11
Send a message