These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Failed to initialize. No network connection.

Post by AndyPoms
Used Waze this morning and everything was fine... Just ran out to do an errand & keep getting an error when opening Waze that says "Failed to initialize. No network connection." I had strong 4G & 3G service while out driving (and was able to browse to http://www.waze.com/forum). I tried to disable the 4G antenna and force the 3G connection - didn't work. Just got home & tried it on my wifi and it still isn't working...

The only change to my device (HTC EVO 4G on Sprint) was that I did an update of Lookout Mobile Security between this morning & now. I'm not having a problem with any other apps.

Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:4797498

Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
Well, apparently there was other stuff going on with my phone... It got stuck in a reboot loop, so I ended up having to hard reset it - but the good news is that Waze works again :D and downloaded my favorites. Now if only I wasn't back to being a baby Wazer :?
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by AndyPoms
razor2k wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:Well, apparently there was other stuff going on with my phone... It got stuck in a reboot loop, so I ended up having to hard reset it - but the good news is that Waze works again :D and downloaded my favorites. Now if only I wasn't back to being a baby Wazer :?
That's odd :? Did you lose all your points? Certainly this is just a temporary issue and all will be well in the next few days. Certainly you are worthy of a shield :lol:
It's known that when installing on a new/reset phone that the app doesn't sync up right away... I just checked and I've gotten my Gold guy back & my crown... :D
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by darrengilkes
I had the same on my HTC Desire S. It was saved onto my SD card so when it was un-installed by play it probably didn't remove it all. I deleted waze using the phones own uninstall, re installed it logged back in, its now working again.
darrengilkes
Send a message

Post by johnh510
Greetings from England.

I also had problems with Waze failing to initialise, having used it successfully on Android for a week or two.

It failed mid journey: shut down and quit without warning.

I restarted Waze, it ran for a while and then bombed out again. (as witnessed on the map editing view because the journey was the first time on this route: A4123 to an address in Wolverhampton to rescue my daughter who had locked the keys in her car).

Subsequent attempts at restarting Waze failed with "Uh-oh! No network"

Fortunately I still had a map in the car :)

Anyway, I had quite a fight to get it working again, and I'm not really sure how many Waze re-installs and re-boots the phone had before I got it going a couple of days later - the final step though was putting Waze back into the "white list" in droidwall.

Yes, I know a firewall is a good way of getting "no network", but it was all working nicely and died mid journey: not just a misconfiguration/playing/fat fingers error on my part.

Waze is lovely when it's working, but it seems to pick its moments to misbehave.
johnh510
Send a message

Post by razor2k
AndyPoms wrote:Well, apparently there was other stuff going on with my phone... It got stuck in a reboot loop, so I ended up having to hard reset it - but the good news is that Waze works again :D and downloaded my favorites. Now if only I wasn't back to being a baby Wazer :?
That's odd :? Did you lose all your points? Certainly this is just a temporary issue and all will be well in the next few days. Certainly you are worthy of a shield :lol:
razor2k
Send a message
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual

Post by Ronskin
I had the same issue over the last few days on my Galaxy S2.
In the end, went into the application settings and reset the data.
I had to log in again, but it fixed the issue for me.
Ronskin
Send a message