Android Version 2.0.0.1 is up in the Android Market

Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Android Version 2.0.0.1 is up in the Android Market

Postby waynemcdougall » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:42 pm

i-grigorieff wrote:No multitouch?

By this, do you mean you can't rotate the map? (Known issue)

Or something else? Does pinch and spread to zoom in and out work? Has it ever worked in previous versions?
Waze User Manuals, Map Editing guide and support at http://www.waze.com/wiki
Wayne McDougall
Make Friends with me on Facebook and we'll compete against each other on the Scoreboard
http://www.facebook.com/wayne.w.mcdougall
waynemcdougall

Postby i-grigorieff » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:29 am

Hmm... Pinch to zoom works! But it works not too sensitively.
HTC Hero (Android 2.1 upd.1) + Waze 2.0.1.4
i-grigorieff

Postby dalesd » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:11 pm

waynemcdougall wrote:Does it comfort you that I get the same thing, rarely, on my iPhone. I've put it down to either server problems at Waze end, or bad networking connection (my mobile carrier) in between us. So I start off fine but if Waze recalculates the route it goes all do-lally as you describe - after abour 30 minutes it can come right without me doing anything.

So my questions for you are: how often does this happen for you? And how good is your internet networking in other ways? Can you tests it at the same time this problem happens?

This happens every time I use Waze. One morning, Waze worked all 45 miles to my destination. That's the only time it's worked for a destination more than 2 miles away since I switched to the 1.10.99 beta, including the 2.0 releases.

My internet connection is good. It shows a strong 3G signal, full bars. I'm driving when it happens, so I'm not able to test it further, but I've used the Coverage Mapper app to record that there are no dead spots along my commute.
Nexus One 2.2.1
dalesd

Postby waynemcdougall » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:45 pm

As this forum is for Announcements and Updates I have created a new forum topic to discuss this release. @Dalesd and others, please continue any discussions in:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6054
Waze User Manuals, Map Editing guide and support at http://www.waze.com/wiki
Wayne McDougall
Make Friends with me on Facebook and we'll compete against each other on the Scoreboard
http://www.facebook.com/wayne.w.mcdougall
waynemcdougall

Postby jwaldrep » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:41 pm

I love the social aspects of this app but, I'm sorry, the routing absolutely sucks. It takes me off of 65 mph roads and puts me on 45 mph roads. It tries to take me the wrong way on freeway ramps. It does u-turns on freeways. I would not trust the routing to get me from one end of my driveway to the other. I truly am pulling for them and want this to work.
jwaldrep

Postby unwallflower » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:42 pm

jwaldrep wrote:I love the social aspects of this app but, I'm sorry, the routing absolutely sucks. It takes me off of 65 mph roads and puts me on 45 mph roads. It tries to take me the wrong way on freeway ramps. It does u-turns on freeways. I would not trust the routing to get me from one end of my driveway to the other. I truly am pulling for them and want this to work.

This isn't really the topic for this, but anyway:

Yes. The routing CAN suck in your area if there aren't many people using the application there yet. Waze's maps are user generated. Even if you are in an area that was lucky enough to start with a base map, base maps typically start out with most/all roads marked "no entrance".

Why it takes you off 65mph roads onto slower ones: most likely, it thinks that you can't physically drive down the 65 mph road. This is probably because it is marked "no entrance" or maybe it isn't properly connected. Waze takes you the best way it knows. If it's taking you in a way that doesn't make sense, that's because it doesn't "know" you CAN go the way that does make sense.

Why it tells you to u-turn on a freeway: likely because it thinks you can't continue down that way, for the same reasons mentioned above.

The good thing is that you obviously haven't been discouraged yet, and you want the application to work. I invite you to read the rest of the forum (like I said, this topic you posted on is totally unrelated to the issue you posted, and there is TONS of helpful information on why waze behaves the way it does in other places on this forum). Read the wiki as well. You can improve the maps in your area by editing them, and this WILL improve the routing.

I'm lucky to live in an area that has an adequate community of wazers, and the routes I take every day work perfectly. It just takes work.
unwallflower

Postby SeDmit » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:17 am

cleary wrote:I was able to get version 1.9 and my HTC Wildfire is wazing happily again, If anyone else needs version 1.9, it is at getjar.com

1)Go to m.getjar.com on your phone
2)Select Quick Download code on the bottom of the page.
3)Enter Code: 29858 to begin download.

Today has tried the new version Waze 2.0.2.2 (http://tiny.cc/and2022)
It works on HTC Wildfire - It's cool!
WBR, SeDmit
SeDmit
Area Manager
Area Manager

Previous

Return to Official announcements