1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and FULL state name in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. When completed, THANK the user who solved the request and mark the thread SOLVED.

Level 5 -North Hollywood, CA

Post by tonestertm
Unlock or Update here:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-118.3 ... 50,4811030

Beck Avenue has been dissected, turned 90 degrees and laid over where Burbank should be, while Burbank has been shifted aside.
One end is L5 locked so this lowly L1 won't be able to complete it while locked thus I haven't started it.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

POSTER_ID:12160166

Send a message
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y7f2gsiomkpxbe6/CA_SM_Rocket_Shear_Alpha_50.png?dl=0
ARC for SW Region, USA
Global Champ, US Local Champ
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Set to rank 1 on the ramp.

For the future, please only select the segments you need rank changed on for the permalink to be unlocked/updated. I had to hunt all over to find the one segment.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by tonestertm
First, sincere apologies for not highlighting only the appropriate segment. I (stupidly) assumed that whatever Level 5 person saw this mess would want to take control and clean it up themselves (it's happened before.)

Next thanks to you both for taking a look and digging through the mess. (Turned out there were even more layers of involvement, once I got it taken apart.) If one of you gentlemen would be so kind as to lock the ramp back up and, if so inclined, double check my work I would certainly appreciate it. I put things back where they looked like they came from, but I have only elemental traffic info at my level, so can't be 100% on that.

txemt, I assume by now you've seen that both you and Alan were looking at this at exactly the same moment, thus the reason it was already unlocked. (Funny that it was there for almost 24 hours and you both chose the exact same moment to look at it.)

Thanks to you both. Another lesson learned the hard way. Sorry to have put you both through extra work!
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
ARC for SW Region, USA
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!

Post by tonestertm
Thanks! Assuming you're talking about the Chandler segments, I'm beginning to think those should have a lock, too, as I've fixed them at least once, maybe twice, before.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
ARC for SW Region, USA

Post by txemt
Two things:

First, it's unlocked.

Second, highlight the segment you need unlocked or fixed. It took me awhile to realize the ramp is what you needed unlocked. I went through every segment of the highlighted roads thinking one of those was locked, but they were all at a level 1 lock. I didn't see the ramp for almost 5 minutes and was about to tell you that there was no segment locked at a level 5.
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by txemt
Looks good. I locked it back and fixed two junctions a little to the south.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
There were two that had reverse connectivity on them, I just fixed those.
txemt
Send a message