Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by bz2012
doctorkb wrote:....
Have you tested this with URO+ since the update? It may simply be a display issue that it doesn't put your username where you expect it...
I just tested in the US and (provided you have display area managers layer on) URO+ shows ALL area managers for the area under the mouse, even though you can't find them on the map.
for example, an area near my home shows
PaintManNO (5), sketch (6), bz2012 (5)
This sure fills the 'hole' left by the poor WME display of that information.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I don't know if anyone has suggested or asked if it would be possible or easy to add this feature:

Somewhat similar to the mouse-over on URs showing the info, it sure would be nice if mouse over a restricted segment could optionally display the info on the restrictions and the comments on the restrictions.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I like the popup for the restricted segments VERY much. Thanks!
Is it possible to display the comment text on those segment also. That would be the icing on the cake!

EDIT: that is excellent! Thank you so much!
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Last edited by bz2012 on Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by bz2012
Now that the restricted segments are displaying their information so nicely, what about restricted (yellow) turn arrows? Can they be as informative?
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Minor request:
Please add the bold function/choice to the pop-up.
Open in new WME tab
Open in new WME window
Open in new livemap tab
Hide for this session
I have one 'window' with lots of tabs to different things that I run all the time.
I like to open a UR in a NEW WINDOW (not a new TAB), so I can open other tabs related to that task and then close them all at the same time when I finish with the UR.
Currently, I need to right click on the 'open in new WME tab' line and select the 'open link in new window' line.

Yeah, it is a very minor annoyance, but I figured it can't hurt to ask. :)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Best approach to avoid that is to slowly approach the ballon from the lower right quadrant.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Seems to be acting strange for me.
UNLESS I inhibit the "UR has pending questions" prompt, I can not mark the UR 'solved' and save it.
Something unmarks the 'solved' button.

Also, a couple of times the mouseover display of UR contents has stopped working and I have had to reload the WME session.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I notice a small problem with URO plus that should be easy to fix:

I was in the process of dragging the 'street view' icon to a spot I wanted to view from and URO plus pop'd up info windows that got in the way as the cursor got over a restricted segment.

Could you block pop-ups when the mouse button is down, so that things don't pop up while one is in the process of dragging?

Caution: one still needs to be able to click WITHIN an already pop'd up info window to select items in there for various reasons (like to copy the info or select a link).
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Olestas wrote:Wait.. drives history is now active only for 7 days??? My drives history is clickable only up to October, 8th.
I see other drive pages at the bottom of the list, when I scroll the list so I see the oldest drives on the list.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I notice that it seems like some of the options are not working correctly:
The one I noticed was
Hide URs by comments/following:
With comments from me? No *** doesn't seem to prevent suppressing display
Last comment less than 7 days ago

I use it to allow me to scan for URs where I made the last comment and it is now 7 days old.
This seemed to work but, today when I wasn't suppressing any, I found several where mine was the last comment and it was much older than 7 days.

I really appreciate URO+ as it makes it practical to work in some areas that seem to have a bad case of acne if you view them 'raw'. :)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message