[Script] UROverview Plus v3.102 (20170316)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.18 (20140827)

Postby Twister-UK » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:42 pm

3.18 introduces the following changes/updates:

• Added custom markers for [NOTE]-tagged URs.
  • Re-opened map problems are now marked as such, and can be filtered.
  • Places/landmarks/venues/whatever you call them can now be filtered by category.
  • Events which occurred yesterday but less than 24 hours ago are now listed in their popup as having happened 1 day ago, rather than today...
  • Optimised filtering code to minimise unnecessary operations.

The requests from bz2012 for popups on restricted turns and an open in new window link are being looked into, though at present I can't give any guarantees either of them will appear.

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/1952-uroverview-plus-uro
Chrome Web Store version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mjcdghdphi
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.17 (20140820)

Postby Kobes1878 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:59 pm

Twister-UK wrote:I'd be reluctant to over-simplify the keyword - as sketch suggests, [NOTE] would be fine because the chances of anyone entering that as part of a normal comment are pretty slim to non-existent, whereas your suggestion of using "WME" or "Editor" start to skate a bit too close to the "could reasonably be used in a normal comment" group of words we ought to avoid.

To be quite honest, anyone serious enough about editing to want to use these keywords whilst on the move really ought to be using a phone keyboard that allows for stuff like this to be inserted from a list of predefined text on entry of a shortcode.

On my Android phones I've been using the "Auto Text Keyboard Lite" app (formerly known as FireKeys Free) which lets me define 10 shortcuts, one of which is defined so that "lft" can be expanded to "Please leave for Twister-UK: " - this could just as easily be defined with "[NOTE] Please leave for Twister-UK: " as the expansion text, without requiring me to type anything extra each time I submit a report. AFAIK, similar functionality exists over in the iOS world.

I just had the time to catch up on this thread. Thank you for the app suggestion. Its downloading as I type this.
Kobes1878
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby bz2012 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:46 am

Minor request:
Please add the bold function/choice to the pop-up.
Open in new WME tab
Open in new WME window
Open in new livemap tab
Hide for this session

I have one 'window' with lots of tabs to different things that I run all the time.
I like to open a UR in a NEW WINDOW (not a new TAB), so I can open other tabs related to that task and then close them all at the same time when I finish with the UR.
Currently, I need to right click on the 'open in new WME tab' line and select the 'open link in new window' line.

Yeah, it is a very minor annoyance, but I figured it can't hurt to ask. :)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby PesachZ » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:34 am

Timbones wrote:Can we add [Closure] as well, if it hasn't been added already? This will be for documenting road closures that have been submitted to Waze.

It's already active as [CLOSURE] along with [EVENT], and [CONSTRUCTION].

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby Timbones » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:28 am

Can we add [Closure] as well, if it hasn't been added already? This will be for documenting road closures that have been submitted to Waze.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:44 pm

Twister-UK wrote:AFAIK, similar functionality exists over in the iOS world.

Correct. It is part of the OS.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Twister-UK » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:35 am

I'd be reluctant to over-simplify the keyword - as sketch suggests, [NOTE] would be fine because the chances of anyone entering that as part of a normal comment are pretty slim to non-existent, whereas your suggestion of using "WME" or "Editor" start to skate a bit too close to the "could reasonably be used in a normal comment" group of words we ought to avoid.

To be quite honest, anyone serious enough about editing to want to use these keywords whilst on the move really ought to be using a phone keyboard that allows for stuff like this to be inserted from a list of predefined text on entry of a shortcode.

On my Android phones I've been using the "Auto Text Keyboard Lite" app (formerly known as FireKeys Free) which lets me define 10 shortcuts, one of which is defined so that "lft" can be expanded to "Please leave for Twister-UK: " - this could just as easily be defined with "[NOTE] Please leave for Twister-UK: " as the expansion text, without requiring me to type anything extra each time I submit a report. AFAIK, similar functionality exists over in the iOS world.
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Kobes1878 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:41 am

sketch wrote:I agree, though I think [NOTE] would be fine. I don't ever expect anyone to start their report in the app with [NOTE].
This would be amazing. I would like to add possibly making it something more simple, as a lot of these "notes"are submitted in motion. What about just WME or Editor?

Sent from another Galaxy using Tapatalk 2
Kobes1878
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby sketch » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:06 pm

I agree, though I think [NOTE] would be fine. I don't ever expect anyone to start their report in the app with [NOTE].
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby qwaletee » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:26 pm

Can i ask for one more special icon, to record notes to other editors? To make sure the common word NOTE isn't accidentally used inappropriately, I suggest [WMENote] and some sort of notepad-ish icon, or attention icon (so long as it doesn't look anything like the normal exclamation bubble).
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts