Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by bz2012
Would it be possible to have an option that PREVENTS "suppress unneeded junction" from deleting nodes in the "Same Endpoints Drive-able Segments" cases flagged by WME Validator?
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Maybe the WME toolbox should display a big red BLINKING message somewhere near the cursor (when the turn arrows are transparent) that says 'If you can't click on the turn arrows, press the letter "a"'
:)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Last edited by bz2012 on Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by bz2012
And, how about a 'terminal "."' remover function for those street names that have been flagged as ending in a '.'?
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
kentsmith9 wrote:
bz2012 wrote:And, how about a 'terminal "."' remover function for those street names that have been flagged as ending in a '.'?
Wouldn't that be more of a WME Validator function?
Validator DETECTS the problem.
I would expect the act of FIXING the problem to be more of a 'toolbox' type of feature, but I am not fussy, just as long as it is easy to fix the Dr., Rd., Ln. etc. stuff. :)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
fvwazing wrote:This would make it way too easy to create two-segment-junctions. These should be exceptions!
I don't think it is good to 'make things deliberately difficult'. If a feature should only be available to upper level editors, that is the way it should be done.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Inserting a node should (and I think WOULD be) less points than the current way of inserting a node by creating a segment to use as a 'tool' to insert the node, and then deleting the segment.

If someone wanted to abuse the function, they could just as easily use the 'temporary segment' as a tool to create multiple nodes.

I am not concerned about the points, I just want to fix problems with the maps.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
qwaletee wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:
bz2012 wrote:Maybe the WME toolbox should display a big red message somewhere near the cursor (when the turn arrows are transparent) that says 'If you can't click on the turn arrows, press the letter "a"'
I did create Transparent as a redirect to the Keyboard Shortcuts page for "a"
Maybe a topic named "Arrows"? (Redirect or its own short page. It could be an explanation of how to physically interact with the arrows as a separate how-to page.)

And perhaps a quick note in the turn restrictions text.
WME could display the message 'by default' and, after the noobees LEARN how to 'fix' those transparent arrows, there could be an option to disable the message.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
It is probably checking for updates at the same time. That is probably the most significant time killer. If it has to connect to do check for updates, it might as well update the usage counters.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
rivercitysyn wrote:Is there a reason permissions are set so that the extension has access to so much in Chrome?

Would it be possible to restrict them in the next release for peace of mind?
I believe that the generic Chrome warning message, given whenever you install any extension, could be translated to say:
Don't install ANY extensions unless you trust the source. ALL extensions can access anything on any web pages you access.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Every time I save or reset a WME session, the new WME Toolbox version pops up a configuration window that will not close normally. I have to click the configuration button on the WME toolbar and THEN close the configuration window that comes up then.

Chrome.

It also seems to have KILLED WME Validator. I don't see the controls for Validator now.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Last edited by bz2012 on Sat May 17, 2014 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.