Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by bgodette
ohiostmusicman wrote:So at some point, JNF started showing disabled turns in the view like this:
Once any turns are enabled on a segment, selecting a segment looks like this:
Thus, editing turns are limited once/if they are enabled. Any ideas or help? Thanks!
"Makes cameras visible at zoom 0.
Updates keyboard pan amount by 1/4th the map view height.
Saves and persists turn arrow visibility and clickability between reloads/permalinks.
Saves and persists Full-screen mode."

Right there in the first post, also in the webstore description. Its always done this.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
Minor update to work with current WME Beta.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
v0.0.9.6
2014-12-23: Update to changes in Beta WME. Removes Features reload after successful save, lets see if WME has fixed the stale data problem...
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
Bigbear3764 wrote:
SkiDooGuy wrote:Apparently not. Seeing a lot of null elevations around LA now...
Everytime I updated a road segment with no direction to two way, set turns, it went to null elevation. Tried updating turns on WME without using QW, and it still did it. Starting to feel it is something on the WME end.
Because it is... Fortunately it IS something they fixed in the current Beta and rumor has it there'll be an update to the public editor before the 1st. Until then alt-shift-r reloads the model data and is the manual equivalent to what JNF was doing to mask this issue.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
taco909 wrote:
JJohnston84 wrote:I'm having an issue this morning where I can't edit any turns when running with JNF. Never had this before.
Toolbox, and likely JNF, were "broken" by Sunday morning's WME update.
JNF wasn't, because it was fixed for it on the 23rd. TB didn't update their internal copy.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
taco909 wrote:
sketch wrote:
taco909 wrote:. . . if you have Toolbox installed in Firefox, you have all JNF functionality.
With one exception: Toolbox removed the feature that enables dead-end U turns when using JNF on the other end of a dead-end segment.
At the risk of topic drift... Is official policy currently that these are to be enabled or disabled?
I've spot checked some around my area and found that MOST are disabled.
Enabled if you want the new U-Turn instruction to work if Waze starts you out pointed the wrong way on a dead-end or if you drive into a dead-end (car-pool).
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
Not a bug in JNF. Waze still has the display problem regardless of it being a Junction (roundabout) or two one-way segments connected to the same nodes, so it inserts the extra node.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
JNF was masking the stale data issue that causes segments to show not having an elevation after save, it was removed because they took steps to actually solve it. Still not solved but it's a lot closer than where it was when it was still masking the issue.

Same goes with dead ends, having them disabled is just masking any potential issues with what is supposed to be working correctly, so it's time to remove the band-aid.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Olestas wrote:Just if you have toolbox, don*t install this script. Its already embedded.
The functionality is slightly different though? JNF standalone enabled u-turns at dead ends and Toolbox embedded disables them? Or did that get changed in TB? I know for sure JNF enables them.
That is my understanding of the difference. I'm unsure if TB is going to change that policy in a future release since the client now supports U-Turn instructions and it's required to be enabled for stop-points on dead-ends to work correctly.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
New version has been uploaded to CWS, which should automatically update.
/edit spoke too soon.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message