These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
orbitc wrote:Everything is working fine on my iphone as well. I also noticed the less user on the screen, Could that be intentional or limited on purpose?
System. Was happening well before the client release.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Jail broken users, as noted previously in this thread, should disable and location faking features. Thankfully now people will be prohibited from using another cheat to gain driving miles and points.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
sketch wrote:The implementation of the "lock north up" feature is completely wrong.
I disagree. This is the first version it had ever actually locked north up ever. We disabled the ability to spin the map on purpose: you're in lock north-up mode, and that is exactly what it does, at all times and in all situations.
sketch wrote:The "lock north-up" setting should not be a toggle, and it should not be buried in the Advanced menu.
I agree and in believe Perlin said the on-map button may get the functionality in the future and the setting un-buried.

The "me on map" button ... doesn't even do anything when north-up is locked. And when it isn't, it returns to track-up, which I don't want to do.[/quote]
Not for me. If you pan the map, "me on map" returns to centering on me remaining in north up lock mode. I can't get it to unlock ever.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
orbitc wrote: If I may chime in, if you tap on a screen you will see "+", "-" and location icon on the right side of the screen. If you click on that, it becomes North-up and stays that way. Even though, actual North-Up function is buried within menu, this is a nice alternative in the mean time. Please see image below.
That one doesn't work reliably. It's why the new option in settings was created.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
steveswamp wrote:I see the new moods for map editors, but it will not let me select them. What is the criteria for this?
Listed in the app itself in the scoreboard section.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
steveswamp wrote: So how many edits translate in "cones"?
Enter "editor rank" in the Quick Help box.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
RTPeat wrote:I'm pretty scrupulous about using the close button to ensure my drives are uploaded, but certainly picking up the wi-fi at home could be the issue as my phone can pick our wi-fi up from the end of the street at times, and the 3G signal is not all that strong.
Make sure you Stop the route, if it isn't finished yet, before you Switch Off Waze. It will try to re-start the previous route which was active on shutdown if it doesn't think you've arrived yet.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
smokeeater wrote:I've seen where people in this thread have had the same annoying problem as me after upgrading to v3.7. When navigating to "Home" it crashes and now it has "EventVerified" beside my word Home on navigation screen.
I never had any crashes with the last beta prior to release nor with 3.7, so I can't speak to that. I've read that the EventVerified bug has been fixed in the 3.7.1. Release date TBD.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
AggieJM wrote:Are the purple street labels supposed to display the full street name?
They show the shield data first, and primary street name if no shield exists. Previous discussion of this started with the beta version which included the purple labels: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 41#p354941
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
unlimitedsounds wrote:I uninstalled and reinstalled and its still sometimes just saying TURN RIGHT instead of TURN RIGHT ON XXX STREET.. it does says the street name when you get 500FT or .5 miles .. but not like it used to. it never said things like "in 1 mile turn left"
The first announcement of a turn, depending on speed, at the 1 mile mark, or .6 mile mark, has never said the street name. There are three announcements for a turn and the first one has never said the street name, unless it is under a 1/2 mile, in which case the first announcement is usually at 1/4 mile. Only the 2nd and 3rd (if there is time/distance for a third one)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message