Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by DonRadlauer
Any word on whether (and when) there'll be a fix for the CloseIntent bug?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
DonRadlauer
Send a message

Post by drummer83
I also have experienced the problem that the display doesn't switch off anymore after running waze. This on Nexus 4 with Android 4.2.2.
drummer83
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Last edited by petervdveen on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Please use the normal text size

Post by eclectice
I have installed Waze 3.7 on its release but the buttons are not aligned as in the screenshot here http://bit.ly/16CYom3

It happens on:
Sony xperia go
Sony xperia tipo dual

I opine that this bug is probably due to the "hidden new-line" entered before the "Pick Up" text. I have checked Transifex website for English and Malay text and there is no new-line entered...So, I guess it must be created during the transfer/export of the translation texts at Waze 3.7 development stage. The only strange thing why is that only certain Android clients face the problem?

Besides that, I also face the same problem as paulkok_my: the scoreboard is displaying its HTML page without the graphics. Both of us are from Malaysia.
eclectice
Send a message
Last edited by eclectice on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by eclectice
OMyMyOHellYes wrote:
daknife wrote:
OMyMyOHellYes wrote:No way to select a T-Rex mood..... Is greyed out and won't let me pick it.

OMyMyOHellYes
Did you bother to read the posts about the new moods, you have to be a lv 5 editor to get that one. These new moods are restricted as a reward to sr. editors.
No. Why should I do that?

It comes up as "Map Editors" - not "Level 5 Map editors" on the mood menu. If it's not available, then don't put it out on my device. Especially if the description that goes with it is something I would qualify for.

OMyMyOHellYes
Yes, I tend to agree with OMyMyOHellYes: If the Wazer is not qualified to get special moods meant for Waze map editors L3 and above, then they shall not be listed.
eclectice
Send a message

Post by egro
Samsung Galaxy 3 - AT&T - Stock. Waze 3.7 from the play store.

After a reboot, waze functions correctly, but restarting waze after the initial launch generates a message that GPS is unavailable, and to try going outdoors.

Rebooting seems the only way to get GPS working again, and then, only for the first launch of the app.

Other GPS apps do not appear to be having this issue.
egro
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Yesterday and today's morning I was navigating without any problem. But since today's second drive I'm experiencing the same spontaneous restart problems upon entering the navigation subdialog - either of destination or stop point.

I've since tried to downgrade to various versions and back to 3.7 - each installation is finished by short phone reboot. The app restart persists - each of the versions was restarting the same.

Plenty of debug logs were sent.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
eclectice wrote:
OMyMyOHellYes wrote:No way to select a T-Rex mood..... Is greyed out and won't let me pick it.
[...]
It comes up as "Map Editors" - not "Level 5 Map editors" on the mood menu. If it's not available, then don't put it out on my device. Especially if the description that goes with it is something I would qualify for.
Yes, I tend to agree with OMyMyOHellYes: If the Wazer is not qualified to get special moods meant for Waze map editors L3 and above, then they shall not be listed.
Have you both forgot to report this "bug" in the past, already as the gold, silver and bronze moods were not and never ever selectable for the majority of the Waze population?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by fred-porto
crewbrew wrote:Ever since 3.6, getting a lot of network errors, especially when updating gas prices where clusters of gas stations exist. Also getting no map displays. I suspected a network error in general but none of my other programs are experiencing problems in my area. It seems specific to Waze and the NE corner of the US. Any suggestions?
Hey, Same here in Brazil, with OI network... I mean, I set a new city as destination, to go through a state highway I never had gone before (I am an area manager and now I will try to align ALL the state highways)... Where I live I have 3G network, then I start the "journey" going to a major highway in order to reach the state highway (where THERE IS NO CELL TOWER)... Of course, with no connection, waze looses it and start searching for network... but after that (with Waze turned on all the time) I return to home, where the 3G is ok, but WAZE does not connect anymore, no way!!!
It seems that waze tries to find the original cell tower and does not release the DNS or IP or something like that .

This behavior remindes me a bug in Windows when my notebook tries to connect to same IP that is already been taken by my cell phone, which causes an IP conflict... i have to use CMD command, then IPCONFIG /RENEW to get a new IP and fix the problem...

I spent time, money (gas) and the place I drove is not recognized because waze fails to send the gps cache/log to server!

This behavior has been seen at LG P880 (Optimus 4X HD) ICS stock (with root) and at Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Plus (P6200L, Honeycomb stock with root). The network setup in both devices are the same: auto 3G/2G enabled and Automactically find the operator (sorry If I did not wrote anything right, I speak brazilian portuguese).
fred-porto
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
https://world.waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c ... 00k_6c.png

Post by fred-porto
Sjbaron42,

Good remembering! I also have a problem with waze and "speaker" function with LG P880 (ICS android). As my cell is always bluetooth connected with car's multimedia center, I tried first the "play sound to speaker" option, which should be the obvious one... But I found a bug... I have to DISABLE that option, in order to instructions come through speaker... Waze works ok, since nobody calls me... If so, cell sometimes reboots.

Have anyone noticed that RED LIGHT CAMERA/RADAR is not spoken anymore? Or is this a bug with brazilian portuguese language (Raquel) ? I only hear the FIXED RADAR now...

Also, I would like to ask to put back the option to close the RADAR PANEL using the RETURN button. It is faster and safer then having to hit the X button inside that panel.

Thanks.
fred-porto
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
https://world.waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c ... 00k_6c.png