Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by bz2012
1.4.0.8 still killing WME validator. No sign of Validator unless I disable toolbox.
I am seeing the 'saving' hang.
What would you like me to check?

I notice that after it saved the changes, it said 'loading roads', then 'saving changes' shows again and the map is greyed, AND validator is showing up.
Validator is again missing after I reload.

Perhaps whatever is keeping validator from showing after the initial reload is causing an endless loop after a save?

Although I could name a 'paved road' and connect it, I am now trying to draw a new road and I can't get out of the draw mode! Escape doesn't stop drawing, nor does doubleclick. As soon as I move my cursor after doubleclicking the 'blue circle' appears at the cursor point.

That last problem went away after a reset.

Chrome Version 34.0.1847.137 m
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Last edited by bz2012 on Sat May 17, 2014 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by bz2012
Chrome Version 34.0.1847.137 m
Win 7 enterprise 64 bit w/service pack 1

By the way, after I added a comment to a UR, the map window was small because that configuration panel popped up at the bottom left, UNDER the normal info bar.
The size 'small' for the map went away after a few moments but scrolling the window vertically showed the 'old config' panel was still there.
So, it is not solved, it is just hidden.

The 'lockup on save' happens even if validator has been disabled.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
.9 'fixes' the config panel problem. (the panel pops up briefly in the middle of the screen and then goes away)

Still having problems with validator, however.

Do still have the problem getting out of draw mode.
Still hanging on save.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Last edited by bz2012 on Sat May 17, 2014 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by bz2012
I notice that nothing shows up in the 'pop up stack "toolbox" menu that show in the upper right of the map' below the WME 'stack' popup.

(question: can toolbox be added as an 'activate' option to the WME stack, similar to the 'WME validator', 'route checker', 'live user' options? And could there be an advantage to such an additions, such as not needing to go to extensions and reload WME to turn toolbox off/on??)

PS: a great BIG T H A N K Y O U for the script and all the work you put into it!!!!!
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
1.0 looking good so far!
Validator ok
Saving ok
exit drawing mode ok.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I am not sure which 'extension' would be the best place to create this feature, but it sure would be nice if 'mouse over' on restricted turn arrows and restricted segments could display a summary of the text message that is in the restriction database for the item under the mouse.
Kind of like URO+ does with the info in the URs.

So that the reason and terms of the restriction could be reviewed without the need to open for modification.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
There seems to be some problem with the 'loop splitter'.
Sometimes it may insert the node in such a way that the inserted node ends up between two nodes that were NOT previously connected.

I am seeing 'overlappling segments' and 'angle not allowed' errors.

It is, of course, possible that the error existed there already, due to old, bad mapping.
Next time, this happens, I will undo and see if I can find a problem before the splitting was done.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
BellHouse wrote:
bz2012 wrote:I am seeing 'overlappling segments' and 'angle not allowed' errors.
Are you sure you have the latest version (1.4.2.5)? For me, those errors were fixed in the latest version.
Yes. I have the latest update installed. I am trying to reproduce and gather data.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
arbaot wrote:150 pages time to split...
Jolly Drivers is 240+
:)
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by carloslaso
qwaletee wrote: I suppose it could throw a warning dialog: This will delete the existing roundabout and road connections, and create new ones in their place. Any existing history will be lost, including creator, creation date, speed data, and (?) hour numbers. Continue? OK/Cancel
If OyyoDams adds that dialog it would be nice to have a check box in settings to turn off dialogs for the people who already know what it does. I would hate this tool to become Vista's UAC.
carloslaso
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Coordinador de Comunidad en México / Foro MX
Supervisor Noroeste México

iPhone 15 Pro Max / iOS 17ß / Waze ß 4.x