Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by davielde
bz2012 wrote:A recent WME update seemed to break something.
WME FC color highlights 0.6.2 (from greasy fork, installed via tampermonkey) seems to now conflict with WME toolbox 1.5.6
When WME FC color highlights is 'enabled' in tampermonkey, the 'Toolbox Highlight Layers' pop-up is empty.

Disabling WME FC colorhighlights 'fixes' the problem.
This is a different and unrelated script from WMECH. We can shift this discussion to that thread, but I am not able to replicate the issue in Chrome between the FC highlights and Toolbox. More details are needed.
viewtopic.php?f=819&t=95473
davielde
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan

Post by davielde
Olestas wrote:Can you please add Specific Street name highlighting? Similar to city highlight?
Can a Validator custom check be used?
davielde
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan

Post by daxigua
Can someone explain the meaning of:

Filter by City (Yellow)
Nantong, INVALID STATE

Why 'invalid state' when there is nil function to add a state?

Maybe this is nothing to do with the script, but more to do with Waze?

I see very big problems ahead, in China it is: province, county, city, area, street.

Many cities have the same street names, some cities in romanised english (pinyin) are identical, thus Taizhou is a city in three different provinces... fun in the future indeed!

Daxigua.
daxigua
Send a message

Post by daxigua
Thanks for the small update Timbones.

I hope Waze can work on adding states/ provinces for China.

Simon
daxigua
Send a message

Post by daxigua
Timbones wrote:waiting 3 years

Not a good sign, as I think this is a disaster already happened.

I guess an expensive database guru might be able to rectify this.

This 'missing feature' is an important task, thus I hope some posts like these gets some money well spent _now_, not 'later'

Sorry for stirring the pot with my frustration.

Daxigua
daxigua
Send a message

dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by dchary2418
I had a segment cloned when deleting a junction node. This happens after 20-30 edits in an editing session

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... ,506872365

Dave
dchary2418
Send a message

Post by dchary2418
The zoom level usually gets stuck, it can occur at any level but you see level 14 most of the time
dchary2418
Send a message

Post by dippyflint
I believe that is an incorrectly named road. looking at the screenie it says "St Andrew St" That will come out in TTS as "Street Andrew Street". think it needs a "." after the first ST. and the dash will go away.
dippyflint
Send a message

Post by DisplayName
First things first: thanks for this script! I've been editing on and off but recently I've really gotten into it; this and the URO are great tools.

I noticed that the text over at userscripts.org lists a "Filter by Editor" function that is available for area managers. Is it possible to let regular editors have access to this as well? Maybe just for their own user name? Or, can you provide a "Highlight My Edits" function?

You see, whenever I fix something I always look around the area to see if anything needs a little tidying up, if you will... okay, the fact is, I can't control my need for precision and order! If I see a sloppy, converted pave, node-filled street, I have to delete the nodes and make it pretty. If there's a road that's closer to the sidewalk than the center of the street, I have to line it up. The next thing I know, I've aligned an entire neighborhood with the aerials and removed hundreds upon hundreds of useless nodes. Ahh, a thing of beauty. Anyway, I typically use the unsaved (orange) segments as an indicator of where I've been but when you get too many edits stacked up saving can have problems. Saving often is a must but, then I lose my place. Being able to highlight what I've done in an area would allow me to save and move on quickly.

Lastly: RevCons? SelfCons? Can someone tell me what these terms mean?
DisplayName
Send a message