Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

not getting points for going over cupcake or other goodies

Post by eranzaidel
Hi,
I'm really enjoying using Waze to find the quickest way around Los Angeles, particularly from Woodland Hills to Los Feliz/Silver Lake area. I'm noticing several bugs/problems that if fixed would make the waze experience more reliable, and therefore fun. One problem is that when I go over a cupcake on my way somewhere, sometimes it doesn't register and I get no points and do not hear the jingle that I usually hear when I get points for going over a goodie--On those occasions when I don't get credit for the goodie, indeed I still see the goodie after I've passed it on the road. A few times, when the goodie I should have eaten up remained on the road after I went over it, I turned around and went over it again, and about 50% of the time I'm able to eat the goodie this second time around and get credit. Does anyone have any insight into this problem?

eranzaidel

POSTER_ID:5304

Send a message

Post by Atlas85
It probably was empty anyway. All treasure chests I have found were empty.
Atlas85
Send a message

Post by brummygit
I've seen the same in the UK using Waze on my iPhone. On one junction I spent quite a while driving all of the possible routes through the junction trying to work out if Waze was waiting for someone to take a specific route. I didn't manage to collect it and in the end gave up.

I'm sorry that I don't have a solution for you, I just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one to have observed this behaviour.
brummygit
Send a message
Previous Waze username hodgetts

UK • iPhone 4 • Area Manager for South Staffordshire, Wolverhampton, Tamworth, West Midlands and M6 corridor

Post by ferouque
tell me about it i drove over a treasure chest about five times and i never got it well peeeeeeed i was i want to know what was in it
ferouque
Send a message

Post by fvwazing
Well, that is one way TomTom can still make money from Wazers ;^)
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by gerben
So far I've heard of three chests in The Netherlands, while there were dozens in Belgium and Germany. Never saw one ,yself in The Netherlands.
gerben
Send a message
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
[img]https:///EcBKq[/img][img]https:///WS6zp[/img][img]https:///Y17fx[/img]https://img69.imageshack.us/img69/35/luiconring.png

Post by GizmoGuy411
I had this problem today too with about one out of every five cupcakes. In some cases i was able to get the cupcake by changing directions. In one case it was in an intersection and I went over it from all four directions and was not able to get it. In a couple of other cases, every time i approached a cupcake from one direction, I was moved the a parallel neighboring street. and as far as I know, I always had a good data signal.
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

U.S. based Global Champ Emeritus
U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
U.S. Great Lakes ARC: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
(and past GLR RC)
AM: NW OH, NE IN, SE MI
Wiki Profile
Verizon: Google Pixel XL3 & iPad "3"

Post by harling
sketch wrote:If it does not ding at all, restart your client and go back over it. If it's in a residential area you can even stop on it and wait as your client starts again.

If it dings but bugs and you lose the connection for a moment, try going back over it, but it may be a bug. I have had one fail three times in a row and another work on the second try. Your mileage may vary.
I have found that road- and goodie-munching sometimes have problems when 3G coverage is poor, but also if your phone is in the process of negotiating a Wifi connection. I often have a wardriving app running, so if I see a worthwhile "goodie" ahead, I will briefly disable Wifi, and that almost always works.

Dan <><
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by hodgetts
Certainly in my case the answer was yes. I was totally puzzled as to the cause. My guess at the time was that the road didn't line up with the actual positions. Having checked since, they were pretty accurate.
hodgetts
Send a message
UK • iPhone 4 • Area Manager for South Staffordshire, Wolverhampton, Tamworth, West Midlands and M6 corridor

Post by jaimevisser
Had this twice last saturday in Oss, Netherlands. Missed 2 cupcakes. Connectivity was superb, gps signal very good. Using latest android version in market.
jaimevisser
Send a message
Area manager Oss, Heesch (Netherlands)
Samsung Galaxy S2 | Toyota Auris 1.8 HSD (white)