Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Wazer not visible

Post by Viking63ef
I am new to this application and trying to figure out how to use it. So far I have managed to have my posts showing my nickname but I am not able to have my wazer visible on the live map. I have looked through the settings and it clearly says that I should be visible. I have perfect GPS connection and my chit-chat test message ended up "on spot".
I also want to know if there is a possibility to set a radius to reports. Living in Abu Dhabi I dont really need to know if there is a traffic jam in Moscow :-)
Third question is about Groups. I can create the group but where do I see the wazers of my group members and what is really the benefit of groups? I cant really change any settings for the group either it seems. In my world you would be able to have a live map with your group but I cant find this.
Thanks for your patience.
Viking63ef

POSTER_ID:891164

Send a message
Eric
Area Manager Abu Dhabi, UAE

Post by RallyChris
Live map is not a good testing tool for this. It does limit what is viewable... wazers and pictures say last 10. I believe they are literal on this, and mean the last 10 wazers the got position updates, and based on my watching it, I don't think they mean in the zoom level, but server wide.

It would be nice to get a little update to the Live map, but I will take server and client updates first :)
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by unwallflower
Right now there is no way to make this function how you want it to, and I suspect that there will likely never be a way to do this. Read here: http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Priv ... g_location

The location you are showed at is where you were two minutes previous to the update. It is not updated real-time. This may be an annoyance because you want to see where your friends/group members are at any given point in time, but it's really a necessary thing to protect your privacy.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by Viking63ef
I am using a Blackberry Curve and I am aware of that some functions are not there. The thing that annoying me the most though is that my wazer is not visible on the map even though I have set this to be in the settings.
Is this another BB issue?
Viking63ef
Send a message
Eric

Post by Viking63ef
Then what wouldbe the best way? We have a group where it would be very useful if we were able to see eachothers position in case we need support or assistance from eachother. I was hoping that the group function would allow us to see only the ones within the group for example but maybe that is not the plan?
Viking63ef
Send a message
Eric

Post by zCougar
Report radius should be available since client version 2.0. What version and what platform do you use?

--
Cougar
zCougar
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Waze 4.83.5.1: Galaxy S21 5G | | Atom
CM@Estonia / WME beta tester / Android beta tester
PALUN LOE: Waze eestikeelne juhend wikis