Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by cutesydani
Having the same issue. App crashes anytime I select Home as a destination. In the Favorites window, the Home favorite shows "EventVerified" behind the word "Home".
cutesydani
Send a message

Post by dcm684
I updated this morning and I cannot see any roads and the app is significantly off on the number of points I have. The app shows me as have 575 points, but the dashboard at waze.com shows the correct value which is more than 1000x the value my phone shows. What's interesting is that I can still select the 8-bit editor icon which represents the correct editor status.

I have removed the app, restarted my phone, reinstalled, and relogged in using my Waze ID and the problem remains.

My phone is an iphone4S with iOS 6.1.2.

Fixed: Disabled Jailbreak App "Protect My Privacy" and things started to work again. PMP and Waze worked fine together every previous version. The reason I couldn't find any roads was that it was putting me somewhere off the west coast of Africa. I'm in the US.
dcm684
Send a message
Last edited by dcm684 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by dctdye
Did I miss something or did the new Editor Moods replace the top weekly user in each state moods?
dctdye
Send a message
Area Manager- Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by DMZamora
Scroll bugs with Pioneer AppRadio are gone, except for the one on alert comments ;)
DMZamora
Experts
Experts
Send a message

Post by DMZamora
A little update on the Pioneer AppRadio scroll issue. Besides the problem with the alert comments, I found that alert lists are also not scrolling.
DMZamora
Experts
Experts
Send a message

Post by duffy3742
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:(Posting due to no thread posted by Waze yet.)

What's New in Version 3.7
  • Facebook events - your events appear on the navigation list for easy, one tap navigation
  • Friends bar on the map - see friends headed to the same place and the order they'll arrive
  • Real time and offline beeping at friends
  • Exclusive moods for map editors only - 8 bit, robot and T-Rex
  • Redesigned pop up alerts
  • Inbox in main menu
  • 3 state mute button in main menu
  • Foursquare check in from the report menu
  • Lock up north added to settings
  • Support for JVC App Link Mode for compatible in-dash car audio receivers
  • Multiple fixes, optimization and more

I updated my iphone 3Gs yesterday to the new version and now the app won't open, What's up?
duffy3742
Send a message

Post by duffy3742
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
dufhudson wrote:I updated my iphone 3Gs yesterday to the new version and now the app won't open, What's up?
Unsure. Problem description is a bit lacking. What does it do? Have you read this thread to see if others have a similar problem and a fix? Have you tried deleting, rebooting the phone, installing again?
I have not tried rebooting the app because I read on another forum, (before I knew to come to the Waze App forum, "Official Feedback" thread), that starting over didn't help him. I will try that however. When I tap the app, the screen goes to black momentarily and then comes back just the way it was,
duffy3742
Send a message

Post by fat-tire1
paws4fun wrote:I updated the app on 5/30/13, and ever since it won't open properly. It keeps shutting down constantly and is unusable. It happens both when trying to open the app from the main screen and also when I try to switch back to the app. If I'm ever able to get the app open, it only stay open for a short period of time before shutting down again. The screen also freezes.
paws4fun - I was having the same problem that you described. That is, until I turned off "Pop-up reports" located under Settings>Social & Networks>Pop-up reports>None. It's unfortunate that I had to turn off pop-up reports since I think it is important information for my commute. However, I guess it's better than not being able to use the WAZE App at all.
fat-tire1
Send a message

Post by G0K4RT
I am several thousand miles from home - saw a Waze update and *BAM* - no navigation...

Device: iPhone 4S 32GB GSM (AT&T)
IOS Version: 6.1.2
Waze: r3.7.0.0

After the update, Waze just shows a blue screen, no roads... When zooming out, I appear to be at the international dateline (I think) east of Canada. Someone has made a few roads there in the letters "bin ich Bro" - I'm not a huge fan of german brothers :)

Troubleshooting:

My wife has an iPhone 4S (the one I stopped using last week) and I updated her Waze and it's AOK perfect...

On my device:

-Removed app and reinstalling - no change
-Reset location settings - no change
-Reset ALL settings - no change
-Removed Waze & Reset location settings - no change
-Removed Waze & -Reset ALL settings - no change

GPS Info! shows 100% lock-on using GPS and has 3D position...

*** UPDATE ***

Switched over to debug, completely closed Waze, reopened, waited a few minutes, then disabled debug & sent logs...

I am at a total loss at this point... Waze is my ONLY navigation source I trust, and having another several hundred mile drive in a few hours, I am at a loss...

Please help :)

G0K4RT

(*As well, on my other iPhone 4S - Random crashes, unable to readily duplicate, if known how, I will post a new issue)

*** UPDATE ***

Disabled the following in SBSettings Mobile Substrate Addons and verified Waze is able to lock on to GPS:

DisplayOut
fakemyi
PodSwitcher

I will update as soon as I get out to test shortly here...

*** UPDATE 3 ***
The cuplrit is fakemyi - just having it installed and not even active disables Waze from communicating with the GPS for some reason...

Disable it in SBSettings mobile substrate addons or better yet, uninstall, and AOK!!!

:shock:
G0K4RT
Send a message

Post by G0K4RT
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Jail broken users, as noted previously in this thread, should disable and location faking features. Thankfully now people will be prohibited from using another cheat to gain driving miles and points.
IT's great to try and blame these location utilities on 'cheaters' - as a side note, BOTH my iPhone 4S's have this installed, and only one is making Waze mess up ;)

For the others who care to try and troubleshoot - try going in to 'mobile substrate safe mode' and see if it's anything regarding your jailbreak causing the issue...

For those who use an app like 'fakemyi' (which is EXCELLENT for inputting a single location for taking several hundred photos at an event like a wedding and not having little pegs everywhere when geolocating photo locations) - one of my phones works PERFECTLY with 3.7 installed and coexisting with fakemyi... the other still has issue EVEN WITH THE UTILITY REMOVED.

I have tried a full restore to clean iOS 6.1.2 and the 'messed up' phone works pre-jailbreak, and post jailbreak it simply does not :) :|

I'll wait for the next version at this point, as 'alan' has made it clear that even mentioning other utilities makes them assume you are some sort of 'cheater'... For the record, it would be immensely useful to assist others in troubleshooting steps - please try to remember that we are not coming to your boards to say 'your stuff sucks' - but rather we are all trying to keep it the best navigation software ever made!

**** KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT WORK WAZERS!!!! ****
G0K4RT
Send a message