Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by CTGreybeard
OyyoDams wrote: - New CM feature: Show segments which main contain unnecessary geometry nodes (thanks to kpouer)
Is this restricted to CM's? It would be useful to me too while I am cleaning up some rural areas with a lot of basemap errors.
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
paulkok_my wrote: I'm not sure whether anybody is facing this.
Yes, I see that too. I think it's related to the info banner that appears briefly. It doesn't happen every time but it is annoying when it does.
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
It seems to be a timing issue for me. If the Road Layer loads quickly then it's OK but if that loads slowly then the permissions don't apply to the top of the map. A slight zoom out usually corrects it easily.
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
OyyoDams wrote:Hi,

Is it better now ?
Yes, I think it is.
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
Thanks for the unneeded junctions addition. It looks to be very useful. I was trying it out here and it seems to find something but I haven't been able figure out what it changed. In a different area I was able to see the segment that was changed but in this area I don't see that anything has changed but the change count goes to 1.
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
I can report an additional problem with the unneeded junctions feature. It will remove this node incorrectly. I don't think it should remove a junction that occurs between one-way and two-way segments.
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
And, if you will allow me, I have one other report ... this node is removed by unneeded junctions and, yet, when it does, toolbox reports that the two segments are "same connexion" segments. As I don't fully understand the implication of same connexion segments I am unsure if this is a real problem or not.
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
OyyoDams wrote:
CTGreybeard wrote:And, if you will allow me, I have one other report ... this node is removed by unneeded junctions and, yet, when it does, toolbox reports that the two segments are "same connexion" segments. As I don't fully understand the implication of same connexion segments I am unsure if this is a real problem or not.
Well now unneeded junctions shouldn't remove this node anymore. If you remove it, you have 2 segments which are connected to same starting and ending nodes. The navigation algorithm doesn't like that.
Pardon me if I misunderstood but your latest version, 1.3.3.3, still removes this node as well as the other between the one-way and two-way segments.

It is the one that separates the one-way from the two-way that is the most troubling.
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
This node divides a one-way segment from a two-way segment. The short one-way segment is there because the entrance to the parking lot is one-way only but the parking lot itself is two-way.

This node serves the same purpose on a regular street. It divides one-way from two way, the one-way preventing access where access is not allowed.

The Toolbox Sweeper will remove these nodes. It is my strong opinion it should not because doing so will break routing and cause people to be routed where they are not allowed to go.

Please fix the sweeper function so that it does not remove nodes that separate segments with different directionality.
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: Sweeper allows these deletions because WME allows them. You can delete these nodes manually. Having sweeper detect other differences and disallow the deletion is a good idea, though.
There is a difference between my choosing to delete that node and having the script delete it. If the script allowed me to review the choices it made that would be OK but tedious.

The perfect script would only delete those nodes that will not change routing. Except, of course, for the tiny affect one node has on the routing algorithm.

Another consideration would be whether to delete a node that separates road type only, all other parameters being the same. Currently the script will NOT delete such a node even though I can do so in the editor. I see this as "a good thing" in both respects. I am merely asking for the same restriction be applied to different directionality.
CTGreybeard
Send a message