Request for police.

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Re: Request for police.

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat May 18, 2013 11:43 pm

Rdawg1 wrote:I think there should be an option for moving police with "in my direction" or "in opposite direction". If in "my direction" it could prompt every 5 minutes to confirm the police car is still there, stopped, or exited road.

With the number of posts of people b*tching about Waze prompting them about things way too often and being an unsafe application because you have to tap the screen too much when driving, I can see this would lead to more of the same.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Request for police.

Postby AWDTerror » Fri May 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Can there be a button added to add an additional description for police whether they are stationary or mobile?
AWDTerror

Postby AWDTerror » Fri May 10, 2013 7:33 pm

Thanks. I assumed that but never found anything that officially confirmed that.
AWDTerror

Postby bigbear3764 » Fri May 10, 2013 7:23 pm

Your not suppose to mark mobile police as you won't know where they are going to be at in 10 minutes after your mark.
AM Chicagoland Area
CM North America
ILL Wiki
ILL To-Do
bigbear3764
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby bigbear3764 » Fri May 10, 2013 8:37 pm

Got a few threads by searching "mark moving police" You can read thru them if you want.
AM Chicagoland Area
CM North America
ILL Wiki
ILL To-Do
bigbear3764
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby daknife » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:33 am

Both sides makes far more sense than a moving police report, that won't even show up for anyone else until both you and the officer are four minutes down the road. How accurate is a moving police officer report four minutes old? Simply it isn't, at all. If he's cruising at 60 mph then you could guestimate that he would be 4 miles down the road, but if his speed is any different even on a straight-away with no option to exit the road the guestimate is going to be off. A moving police report is worthless.
AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby fvwazing » Sat May 18, 2013 7:53 pm

Brilliant! Though I miss the options

o - Eating donuts
o - Practicing target shooting

The more options, the better. After sending the report a marker appears on the map of the sending client - and only there. It sits there -blinking!- for 3 days at least.
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing

Postby goimir » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:31 pm

if waze put the popup at the bottom of the map, it'd be less intrusive. Also, it'd be awesme if there were an option for "both sides" for police as well as hazards. Often they'll sit in the median and in low traffic times watch both sides of the road.
goimir

Postby MGODLEW » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:50 am

As a police officer I can tell you first hand having the feature would be regularly inaccurate and serve little to none for the Waze community. A better suggestion would be to allow flagging known police hiding spots. I like Riamus's suggestion.
Riamus wrote:I don't think we should necessarily flag speed traps manually. I think Waze should take the user data and generate their own "known speed trap" locations for automatically generated warnings. This should require repeated posting of police in an area within a period of time, including those being Thanked to show that they are valid postings. Waze has the data to do this already and making it automatic will prevent abuse.
Rank 5 Waze Mentor | PA Forum | PA Wiki | Waze FAQ | iPhone 5s: JB iOS 7.0.6 |
Area Managing: State of Pennsylvania
MGODLEW
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby Rdawg1 » Sat May 18, 2013 7:23 pm

I think there should be an option for moving police with "in my direction" or "in opposite direction". If in "my direction" it could prompt every 5 minutes to confirm the police car is still there, stopped, or exited road.

We should also be able to indicate if the police are positioned on an on ramp. This is common on my route to work as they sit on the on ramp about halfway up so that by the time you can see them it is too late. I see them on the "other side" on on ramps as well.

With all of these options, a list with check boxes or radio buttons would also make it the reporting even easier.

o Parked o Traveling
o My side o Other side
o Shoulder o Median o On Ramp o Off Ramp
Rdawg1

Next

Return to Waze App Feature Requests