These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Searching Network

Post by BumbleBbee
Is anyone else having problems with Waze trying to search for a network to connect? The past week I've had problems with this. I'll open up my app and it'll take forever to connect to the network, or I have to close and restart the app a few times before it finally does connect.

Using a Samsung Fascinate (yes, I know it has GPS connectivity issues, but that isn't the problem here) on Verizon Wireless.
BumbleBbee

POSTER_ID:698769

Send a message
BumbleBee
US>CA>SF Bay Area

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I'll add a 'me too' from time-to-time. All other apps are happy with the network, and if I force-close (iPhone) Waze and restart it, it will be happy right away, which means it is not a server-side or device problem. It would seem there is some work to be done with the network code.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by BrutusNL
It's a known issue. Happens unpredictably and across platforms. I've had it more often with my previous WM phone than with my iPhone. What helps in my case is to switch of 3G but that has to do with 'traffic jams' on my provider's network.
BrutusNL
Send a message

Post by BumbleBbee
Thank you all for your responses! I feel much better about the problem now :geek:

I had to reboot the phone this morning and yesterday to get it to work. I think most of my problems started when I got the waze 2.0.1.4 update

I forgot to mention that I am located right in between San Francisco and San Jose, CA so my reception is great.
BumbleBbee
Send a message
BumbleBee
US>CA>SF Bay Area

Post by Davust
I'm also rocking the Fascinate and I've had this issue probably 3 or 4 times in the last couple weeks. Usually happens when I turn my phone on after leaving work, maybe I'm trying to activate Waze before my phone gets a good data connection, who knows. But it will not connect to the waze network my whole drive home (about 15 minutes).
Davust
Send a message

Post by NigelSheldon
I have problems with the network when I leave work. It happens to be a poor coverage area and it seems like waze often will not give up on an old connection attempt. If searching for network persists for more than 10 or 15 seconds, I have to restart waze to make it connect.

I sometimes wait until I'm in a better coverage area but waze seems to be unaware of the better conditions.

It's very rare for me to get a connection error when I leave home. I just get a routing time out then!
NigelSheldon
Send a message
Curve 8530 -> Galaxy S3

Post by unwallflower
I've been having this problem nearly every day this week as well. I have to actually reboot my entire PHONE before I can get it to connect, not just the app. Really annoying.

ETA: this occurs in an area with perfectly fine reception, so that's not the problem.
unwallflower
Send a message