These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Jimbobad
IPhone 4s v3.7
when I use the `add a stop` feature wayz just put the stop right where i am even if it is actually miles away and give 1 min ETA to the stop..
tried re-installing, doesn`t help..
Jimbobad
Send a message

Post by jmp316
I apologize in advance if this has been stated earlier in the thread because I haven't read every post...

The app is crashing quite a bit for me lately, usually when pop-up notification comes up. Any fix in the works?
jmp316
Send a message

Post by jmp316
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
jmp316 wrote:The app is crashing quite a bit for me lately, usually when pop-up notification comes up. Any fix in the works?
Beta for 3.7.1 has been out for two weeks. I just asked what was going on with the next release this morning.
Edited. I read your answer wrong. Do you know when 3.7.1 is due out in the App Store?
jmp316
Send a message

Post by jmp316
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
jmp316 wrote:Edited. I read your answer wrong. Do you know when 3.7.1 is due out in the App Store?
I kinda just answered that. "I just asked...."
Thought you referring to 3.7.2. My bad. Thanks for the help.
jmp316
Send a message

Post by jmp316
ccoltmanm wrote:Blurry roads and text. Ios 7 iphone 5.
Looks ok to me too. Keep in mind that iOS 7 using beta and there will be bugs, especially considering waze doesn't officially support it yet...
jmp316
Send a message

Post by jmp316
Again, iOS 7 is in beta. Let the waze team officially support iOS 7 before we rip it to shreds. Thanks, however, for sharing the flaw.
jmp316
Send a message

Post by jmp316
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
sketch wrote:I don't think anyone's gonna sit here and make a case that Waze doesn't need to be tested on iOS 7.
True, but since Waze isn't even working on the app on iOS 7 yet, taking time to report a boatload of bugs on iOS 7 may not be the best because they will probably get lost.

I've entered BUG 4753 for this, though... :mrgreen:
Exactly my point. It may not be waze problem, but an iOS 7 problem. Betas have bugs. Again, please wait until waze officially supports the public release of iOS 7...
jmp316
Send a message

Post by jmp316
sketch wrote:
jmp316 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:True, but since Waze isn't even working on the app on iOS 7 yet, taking time to report a boatload of bugs on iOS 7 may not be the best because they will probably get lost.

I've entered BUG 4753 for this, though... :mrgreen:
Exactly my point. It may not be waze problem, but an iOS 7 problem. Betas have bugs. Again, please wait until waze officially supports the public release of iOS 7...
I don't think that's what Alan was saying exactly. I highly doubt the problem is with iOS 7 itself, but rather with how Waze is equipped to handle the way iOS 7 works. It's something Waze will have to change, just like they had to adapt to iOS 6's location service type flags.

You can't wait for the public release of an OS to start developing for that OS. Otherwise you're gonna leave everyone who upgrades to iOS 7 on days one, two, three, four, or five dead in the water for a while.
Sure, waze will test an update on iOS 7 while its in beta. That's the whole point of betas. But they will be testing a version with newer, updated code specifically for iOS 7. The current version, 3.7, was NOT designed to work with iOS 7. It was released before iOS 7 was even announced.

My point was that 3.7 not working correctly in iOS 7 is not Waze's fault. So use caution when reporting bugs if you are current running iOS 7 betas. I won't speak for Alan, but it sounds like we are both saying the same thing...
jmp316
Send a message

Post by JohnDoe75
Works fine on a iPhone 5 all updates besides the lack or blinking and desappearing Wazers on map.
JohnDoe75
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JohnDoe75
Why aren't we getting updates like Android (already 3.7.2) ? We have bugs too.
JohnDoe75
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message