Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by jasonh300
Description: Intersection moved to 1/10 mile West of previous location
Reported on: September 26

Move it back!
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
AndyPoms wrote:
Type: General error
Description: chukker
HUH?
I believe that's a racial slur.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
AndyPoms wrote:Sounds like there may be a landmark for Facebook there...
They're probably expecting the search to match what the map shows, not know that one has nothing to do with the other. Since that's an extremely active Waze area, and most of the Champs have been there, there are probably landmarks for all the big names throughout silicon valley.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Type: General error
Description: when its on night the roads arw a tiny bit blury

Once again, we will get right on this map issue. What's a map issue vs. an app issue not clear to most users.
I have the same issue when I'm not wearing my glasses.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
shawndoc wrote:
my map error is this, why would you ever tell anyone to take the 405? please advise against this at all times. you just cost me 50 extra minutes and God knows how much in gas.
I have now degraded the Interstate to dirt/4x4 road to improve routing.
Parking Lot might be more appropriate...
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
xteejx wrote:Solved, she's now dead. This is why women should never drive or use tech.
Machines + oestrogen = trouble!
+1000 :lol:

I'll bet she had the Male navigation voice on, and that's why she didn't follow the Waze instructions!
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
The Californians wrote:My best guess is Waze wanted her to take I10 to the 57, while her husband's GPS wanted her to take I10 to the 15 to the 91 (UR was in the parking lot of Angel Stadium). So Waze didn't tell her to exit on 15 (I assume that's what she meant by Riverside exit), because it didn't want her to take the 15, and then when she did, it kept telling her to get off the freeway, so it could have her get back on the opposite direction to take her to the 57.

10->15->91 is shorter, however 10->57 is often significantly quicker due to traffic on the 91.
mick-jagger-steve-martin-snl-californians.jpg
(260.15 KiB) Downloaded 1493 times
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
shawndoc wrote:Hey now, I resemble that screen capture! (Actually, I grew up in Oregon and have more of a white trash/redneck accent than a valley accent)

That reminds me, is Southern California the only place where people preface the freeway with "the"? I've done a fair bit of traveling around this country, and I don't think I've noticed it anywhere else. Take "the" 210 to "the" 101 and then head south until your hit "the" 5.
I heard it in San Francisco and San Jose. So I think it's all of California.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
kaeoboy wrote:Type: Missing exit
Description: Maude avenue exit not prominent at all.... off of 237
Reported on: Yesterday

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-122.0 ... TTTTTTTTFT

How far does it need to stick out? The user managed to find the exit.
Obviously Maude avenue should stick out just like Bea Arthur's Adam's-apple. :lol:

(URLs attached for the young'uns)
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
bz2012 wrote:TURN ON GPS. You will see traffic passing both directions!
The GPS tracks could be dating back as far as 2009. We know they haven't updated them in several months, and I currently have a solid stream of tracks in a spot where there hasn't been a road in almost 3 years.

That layer is mostly reliable because that kind of change doesn't happen very often, but you can't count on it to win an argument.

EDIT: I take that back...I just checked the two locations where roads have been completely removed (one back in '09 or '10 and the other in the past year) and they both are completely devoid of GPS tracks. This wasn't the case a few days ago where I had MPs at each spot advising me that a road was missing. So maybe we're getting an update.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message