These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by freezee26
Same thing for me on gnote :black screen after selecting alerts :evil: :evil:
freezee26
Send a message

Post by GMBash
Me too!

Sweet ROM 4.1.2 and I've tried stock kernels so don't fob us off with a no support for custom roms.

Thing is I like the app so much I still report and then switch off and relaunch :mrgreen:

Maybe Google will fix it now they've bought you? :ugeek:
GMBash
Send a message

Post by kentonn
I had the same black screen problem when using the report feature. I finally figured out what was causing the problem on my phone. I am using a rooted S4 with multi window manager. The problem occurs when I enable Waze for multi window mode. When disabled, Waze works perfectly.
kentonn
Send a message

Post by kentonn
remerle wrote:I had the same problem with 3.7.2 on stock, rooted, Samsung GS4. It turned out to be because waze was added to the list of apps supported by the multi-window feature. I downloaded Multi Window Manager from the Play store and removed Waze from the list of supported apps.

After a reboot, Waze now works fine - no more black screen.
Exactly...Waze has been working fine ever since I disabled it from multi-window.
I did not try running it within a multi-window with one window minimized as others have mentioned here. I might give it a try since I would be nice to have multi-window functionality.
kentonn
Send a message

Post by makemebacon
Same here -- I just upgraded to 3.7.2 and the issue still occurs. Galaxy S4.
makemebacon
Send a message

Post by PopeJay
This is what I reported in their Android 3.6 feedback. I'm experiencing the exact same thing. Hoping they can fix it.

Sent from my GT-N7000
PopeJay
Send a message

Post by PopeJay
So it has to do with the rom?

Sent from my GT-N7000
PopeJay
Send a message

Post by PopeJay
Hi, I've got the same on Omega v44.1. So i change it to RootBox 4.2.2 and this gone. )
can I also use this rootbox on my galaxy n7000? i have no clue on how i can fix this.
PopeJay
Send a message

Post by PopeJay
seLarsen wrote:I'm om stock LSZ on the galaxy note N-7000 and I have the exact same problem.
I love waze, but this renders the entire app unusable.
Exactly

Sent from my GT-N7000
PopeJay
Send a message

Post by remerle
I had the same problem with 3.7.2 on stock, rooted, Samsung GS4. It turned out to be because waze was added to the list of apps supported by the multi-window feature. I downloaded Multi Window Manager from the Play store and removed Waze from the list of supported apps.

After a reboot, Waze now works fine - no more black screen.
remerle
Send a message