These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
cromanorn wrote:Maybe I am blind but I cannot find a setting to turn off voice guidance. I've read that you can do it in sound settings and that has not worked and I read that there is a mute button which is not there. Anyone know how to turn off voice guidance??
It's in the release notes: "3-way mute button on main menu" all sounds/alerts only/full mute. And this question has been asked like 50 times in the last two weeks. :mrgreen:
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
lkc3 wrote:The additional odd thing is that is will ask if I am traveling to one of my favorites and navigate to it but it does not list in my favorites.
Not odd actually. Frequent destinations and favorites are not at all related. They are stored by the server and you can't update frequent destinations.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
bambi94 wrote:Hello i want to know if it's possible to turn the audio bleutooth as a phone call like in the ios app
for the moment it's since impossible
It's an Android setting, not in the Waze app.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
CTCNetwork wrote:Hi,

Looks like speed cams are consistently giving a verbal report of their presence. However, red light cams (which have zero speed set) are failing to trigger a verbal report although the warning pop-up does show.
Topic discussing this Here.
And that's not consistent. Could be world vs. NA servers, too. I get RLC popup and audio notifications without fail.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
t3sh wrote:Any idea on the ETA for the next release or at least confirmation that this is a known issue?
I'm not an Android beta tester, but FYI: this issue is documented as BUG-0220. It is noted as slated for a "Future" release and not the next release. The beta release notes lists "More fixes for 1080p devices" but does not call out that bug with the speedometer or map control buttons specifically.

For priority, "Upcoming" means in the current beta release, "Next" means in the next version in line, and "Future" means a much later version.

@petervdveen, are you testing on 1080p devices and know for sure this bug is fixed in the current Android beta?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AleqCZ
a4bolek wrote:
dan_in_TX wrote:
absolut86550 wrote:I found the same issues, speedometer quite small, and hidden by report button.
Can it be fixed ?
The question isn't "can it be fixed" because any IT professional knows that it can with some code tweaking. The question is "will it be fixed". That one hasn't been answered yet.
What's extremely disturbing is the fact that other hi resolution devices are treated right. It's 1080p devices that suffer from wrong UI layout.
SGS4 with FullHD display suffers from the same problem - road names too small, tachometer too small, hidden behind pin button... It would be very nice to have text size as option - smallest - smaller - normal - bigger - huge.
The rest works just fine, thanks!
AleqCZ
Send a message

Post by alexcp1971
perlin wrote:Changes:

Bug & crash fixes for May 30 release
I'm having problems with the 3.7.2.0 versión. The application chashes just a few seconds after it start. I will appreciate if someone has found the solution for this
alexcp1971
Send a message

Post by AmazDomi
Huawei Ascend Mate with Android 4.1.2: labels on the maps are very difficult to read as others have reported with other Huawei devices. The text is rendered very strange with many characters corrupted.
2013-08-21 18.21.50.jpg
(142.44 KiB) Downloaded 1673 times
AmazDomi
Send a message

Post by amiga6
I still have these problems ...
blank screen 2013-06-12 at 14:53 This often happens
Screenshot_2013-06-12-14-53-50.png
(51.24 KiB) Downloaded 1643 times
Waze crashed when I reported gas prices
2013-06-12 at 14:58
Screenshot_2013-06-12-14-58-28.png
(60.8 KiB) Downloaded 1643 times
Connection problems when I should report gas prices
2013-06-13 at 19:30 This happens sometimes
Screenshot_2013-06-13-19-30-39.png
(119.66 KiB) Downloaded 1638 times
amiga6
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
I'm using Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Android 13 Swedish and the latest (beta) Waze version.

Post by amiga6
Superfraggle wrote: You seem to have little to no signal in any of those screenshots, so you would get a connection error and a blank screen as it tries to download the tiles???
There is full signal in the screenshots...
amiga6
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
I'm using Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Android 13 Swedish and the latest (beta) Waze version.