Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

2.No points 4 weeks of driving? & Logging in to wrong server

Post by Sinner_NL
Forummembers aren't properly reading and answering in this forum.

Let me clear this.

If you ask a question in a forum for which you haven't found the answer in:

A: the FAQ
B: The Nanorep
C: the forum itself

Then you don't need to get redirected to:

A: the FAQ
B: the Nanorep
C: the Forum.

I asked where I could report a problem. Apparently that is not possible.

I was also wondering why there is no redirection or even a remark or notice on the www.waze.com website that says: USA/Canada Login here. And another button that says REST OF THE WORLD: CLICK HERE and a simple redirect to the proper website. That will prevent a lot of problems and waste of time. Why does Waze not write a few lines of code that prevent confusion.
Let me put it another way. It is just plain stupid if you let something like this happen to your users if you provide a program that navigates. But Waze is free and I am not complaining, just wondering if me mentioning this again, will change the way people get misdirected on the website of a great, free nav app. :idea:

PS in reply to enhket:

You have not read and understood my question properly in my previous post. above this is what it says about loggin in to the wrong server but in other words. Hope you understand my point now. And about the missing points, I said weeks. And I read that there were problems with the updates and all, but I have not read anything on not being updated for WEEKS. (and not since June 2nd). Thanks anyway. Even if you called me a denigrating 'you guys'. By separating forum posters in 'you guys' and 'champs', this forum becomes an unpleasant place ruled by hierarchy. Stop that. :|
Sinner_NL

POSTER_ID:6948449

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Why? Because Waze hasn't programmed in any kind of redirect. That's all I can think. They know the issue exists, but haven't made the effort to automatically redirect.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by enhket
That is true, there is no clear explanation for redirecting people, and it could be easy to miss the bottom line. But if you have never driven a car, you don't get on a car and drive for the sake of driving in the city, you are supposed to learn traffic law and other stuff in order to pass a driver's license test, and other things before getting to drive properly. You know, the basic thing.

i apologize if you don't find what you are looking for in the wiki. But this is not the case:

You asked how to report a problem which got no response in the wiki/nanorep, and the wiki says it:
wiki wrote:nanoRep - Quick Help
Much of the information in the Wiki is also in the nanoRep system, but it has a more advanced parser to better match the phrasing of your question to the answers within the system. Because some information can change quickly, it is best to double check your question inside nanoRep in case new information on your issue has been added and possibly the forum community has not yet heard about it.
1.- Go to the Support page.
2.- In the Quick Help section, enter your problem/request/issue into the single text box at the top of the page. You may see multiple answers related to your question. Some answers may include links to other related answers so be sure to click on those links if your answer is not covered with those responses.
3.- If your question is not covered try wording it in a different way and also use alternate terms.
4.- If your situation still isn't addressed, look for and click on the Click here link next to "Still can't find what you are looking for?" at the bottom of the box.
5.- Click the appropriate category which best represents your problem/request/issue.
6.- Read through those responses and select the one closest to your situation. If that does not answer your question click the here link in the phrase "If you cannot find your answer, please click here to contact us".
7.- Fill out the form with the requested information, and include the full text details of your request, including permalinks to the editor, links to app screenshots, etc., in the More Details box as appropriate for your issue. Be sure to note you also checked the forums and Wiki for your answer and could not find it.
8.- Click Submit.
You said you didnt know about the right server, but the wiki says it too:
wiki wrote:On My Dashboard all my points have gone, and the date of last update is very old. What's wrong?
Typically when the points on My Dashboard are gone, you are possibly logged in to the wrong server. Ensure the URL for your page is using the appropriate one listed below.
USA/Canada users:
WWW Server My Dashboard

Israeli-an users:
IL Server My Dashboard

All other 'international' users:
WORLD Server My Dashboard
Now, the points and drives problem is not something new. It comes up time to time as Waze has not been able to totally fix it for 2 years or more. But if you search the forum, you will see how people complaint about it every week or every 2 weeks. Chances are you will never experience this problem on your own only, so you have to sit and wait until they fix it because they always fix it.
The backlog for current drives is totally fixed in some countries but there are countries not updated since June 5 and points delayed since June 2. If you don't think that it is your problem, you can ask support using the quoted explanation up there.
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/6b/W ... _0M_6c.png
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8

Post by enhket
Yes porubcan, I guess. Anyways don't miss the new epic rollback in WME. Tons of threads coming up :)
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/6b/W ... _0M_6c.png
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8

Post by porubcan
Sinner_NL wrote:I asked where I could report a problem. Apparently that is not possible.
The answer for your question is: Nanorep
Just there is need to click around a bit:
After initial search in Nanorep on the bottom of the frame you see:
Still can't find what you're looking for? Click here
Then pick any category, e.g. Points
Then you see more on the bottom
Then pick another category
And finally on the bottom you will see: If you cannot find your answer, Please click here to contact us. That will reveal contact form that allows you to report problem.

actually I logged problem via nanorep week ago regarding drives processing delay and got reply on Sunday stating:
Thank you for your email,
We have a backlog in our servers, the points and routes should be updated soon.
In general, delays in drives/points are occurring from time to time and usually all delayed drives are processed within several days/weeks.

regarding redirect from http://www.waze.com, on the bottom of the page:
Global websites: United States Italy Spain Israel Rest of world
I know it is not the best solution and Waze support is aware of the redirection issue for long time, but haven't improved it yet. We (and Champs too) don't posses anything which would force Waze to act in this matter. Only thing we can do is to try help users to get to proper server.
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 00k_6c.pnghttps://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... onster.png
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Waze Beta Tester

Post by porubcan
enhket, please, don't be so strict on him. it is not needed...
sometimes you simply don't find your answers on wiki/forum even if you really try
and there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...
many problems would not get so big impact, if Waze communicates better. e.g. regarding drives/points processing delay since beginning of June there is nothing on status page. same for sync errors in WME... and users are confused as many times in the past, trying to get help. if Waze is not able to improve their care, then Champs should be able to provide helping hand. (and I realize that it takes huge patience and effort to take care of repeating requests on less important topics)
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 00k_6c.pnghttps://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... onster.png

Post by porubcan
that's what I meant by sync errors...
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Sinner_NL
Thank you for you answers, Alanoftheberg and Porubcan, very kind.

Hopefully Waze will make the effort of solving the misdirecting soon. Maybe the financial injection by Google will help ;-)

And Porubcan, thank you for the description. I have finally been able to find the contact form through your description. It is very hard to find. Many thanks!!
Sinner_NL
Send a message