You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Loss of Edits caused by INT Rollback?

Post by beffl
Hi!

We just found out, that we have in Austria and Germany a loss of Edits. The last Edits (from Community not only me) was found from June 5th. All other changes in Editor seem to be lost.

Is any other country facing the same problem? Is this known and will it be reverted or do we have to edit again?

I think this is caused by INT Rollback: http://status.waze.com/2013/06/10/intl- ... -0941-utc/

Thanks, Stefan
beffl
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:8206602

Send a message

Post by argus-cronos
Your work is usually safe, do not try to re-edit the same areas or it ends up in ghosts or saving errors and wait until support solves the problem. Check the status page for announcements.
argus-cronos
Send a message

Post by beffl
Hi!

A few minutes ago we got the following replay from WAZE regarding this Problem:
  • "No Edits are lost. But there might be some which are not displayed (this will all be fixed tomorrow morning when we release the new set of ROW tiles)."
So tomorrow all should hopfully be fixed :P

Cheers Stefan
beffl
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by beffl
porubcan wrote:Just wonder when is the "waze" tomorrow... time estimation exact as usual.
Me too :( ... There is a WAZE Time and the official Time ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
beffl
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by beffl
New Status:
Alle my Edits seems to be back :)
beffl
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by beffl
In Austria and Germany Edits first had been returned, but now again some are missing and a nother Part of the returned edits cant't be edited behause of errors!

That's boring .... Perhaps they shoudn't have invested so much time in selling themselfe to google :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
beffl
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Danbolator
jab_au wrote:Ok I have found some stuff that still not quit as I remember changing it, in fact I found what looks to be some overlapping areas were content reflects the old details but also has the new edits I had made to the area. So things are not completely right.
I can confirm this is still happening in my area e.g.:
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&l ... TTTTTTTFTT
Dobell Dr is duplicated.
Fortunately there's heaps of un-edited hence unaffected areas i can access so i'll play the sit and wait game for a bit longer.
Danbolator
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Android and iPad | Area Manager : Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Post by fred-porto
That's something I also want to know....

I spend the whole weekend editing minor highways, fixing great misalignments and renaming those roads... today, all work is gone, but the message in STATUS page says it should be fixed soon...

So, is my work safe? or should I do it again?

Fred.
fred-porto
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
https://world.waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c ... 00k_6c.png

Post by glomp
jab_au wrote:My edits appear to have returned.

It's possible that edits made around the 10th might be held till the next tile update like these one were.
I hope so, some of mine have returned, but still missing a few thousand or so.
glomp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Grimthorr
We've lost a whole load of edits around my local area too. This also seems to have caused some editing problems when trying to re-make changes that have been lost, possibly because the editor thinks that the segments are still as they were before the rollback. For instance: I changed a road from Street to Primary Street before the rollback and now changes to the same road won't stick after saving. Some roads have also become ghosts.

We should probably hold off editing for a while as they may be looking to roll it forward again?
Grimthorr
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy S III (Android 4.2.2 AOSPA ROM) • Google Chrome (Windows 8)
Joined 22nd February 2013 • Addicted 1st March 2013
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Monster.png