Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by jasonh300
Here's some info. Looks like they were doing a study about turning one-way streets into two-ways. It shows that 1st was one-way southbound from Main to Oak prior to the study. I didn't read the whole thing, but it doesn't look like the final results were, but if anything it was converted to a two-way as the Bing aerial shows, and the 5-year old streetview image is out of date.

http://www.downtowndevelopmentcorp.org/ ... _study.pdf
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
AndyPoms wrote:Posted in the middle of a cemetary...
Type: General error
Description: took me to a graveyard.
Yes, yes it did... Unless you are trying to tell me that's NOT where you wanted to go...

Side note/rant: We REALLY need two way communication with the users...
Well, if it was "in the middle" of a cemetery, rather than "near" a cemetery, it seems like the Wazer couldn't have been all that dissatisfied with the routing.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
No wonder my pickle bush has never yielded anything.

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
AndyPoms wrote:
Type: Missing road
Description: Both 395 N from exit 1 in Webster all they way to I 395 is under construction, has been for 2 years now, completion date is 2 more years. I 290 south from I 395 has construction all the way south to exit 1 In Webster, MA. They are working mostly at night, but are working the exit raps during the day. Construction consists of neww water management culverts, ahd holding area improvements, New guard rails, bridge updating, catchbasin updating, new pavement, rumblestrip and signs. MAJOR CONSTUCTION
Ok, but how can I update the map to help? The roads are still open...
Type the words "CONST ZN" on each road segment, which will probably generate more URs because it won't be pronounced properly in TTS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
fvwazing wrote:It's about time the US economy adapts to the needs of 3yo customers. If they feel for donuts, toys, in the middle of the night it is their RIGHT to be accommodated.
Michelle Obama would not approve of a toddler eating donuts. Give that kid a cigarette and he'll shut up!
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
yippeekyaa wrote:Type: Wrong driving direction
Description: voice cue says "take a left"
Reported on: yesterday

Waze route and the route they took show them turning left. I hate a thief that takes lefts and complains about it.
YjHLV-S0Rk-MHAl-mAk88Q2.jpg
(49.97 KiB) Downloaded 1483 times
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
AndyPoms wrote:
Description: starbucks mill plain rd danbury ct neees to be moved west a bit to the left of trader joes in same plaza
I've already moved the starbucks (via Bing) to get it IN the plaza in the first place... I can't make it perfect...
Bing responded and actually did something???
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I signed up for an account with one of them and submitted a bunch of changes of addresses and POIs but now I can't remember which one. Probably Bing. I'll have to go back and try to find it.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
AndyPoms wrote:
Description: inside down and backwards
Tried to get a girl to do that once, but she wouldn't go for it.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
bz2012 wrote:How about a contest for the longest posting or the oldest?

Here is one that would be in contention:
Near Key West Fla:
Description: every time I drive through the bridges along overseas highway I lose my location and waze gives me an error of waze has done some restructuring and needs to be restarted. I do restart the app and the app cannot determine the location and cannot find any directions please address and maybe someone can corroborate the issue but to be more specific on the 7 mile bridge driving south out of marathon key the issue always happens I even took pictures of the fact that the phone could not locate me a d could not locate end point. I also tried to send a report from the spot but the program did not let me
Reported on: May 17
I bet he loses cell service in those bridges too :!:
Maybe but what's happening there is he's switching over to the Int'l server when that happens. The Keys are right on the edge of what's Int'l and NA.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message