Post by ccdmas
Congrats Waze! I actually hoped that would happen (although my fellow wazer here said we're still discussing in Germany ;)), and I like what I hear so far how it's going to move forward.

I have high hopes in bettter performance due to more ressources, plus better search and aerials. Everything else will be seen in the hopefully bright future.

CU,
Massimo
ccdmas
Send a message

Post by chiefwazer
Dear Wazers,
I am excited to announce today that we have accepted an offer to join Google. I’d like to share some information about what this means for Waze.

Larry Page, Brian McClendon and the Google Maps teams have been following our progress closely and are excited about what we’ve accomplished. They share our vision of a global mapping service, updated in real time by local communities, and wish to help us accelerate. We are excited about the prospect of working with the Google Maps team to enhance our search capabilities and to join them in their ongoing efforts to build the best map of the world.

Nothing practical will change here at Waze. Waze will maintain our community, brand, service and organization – the community hierarchy, responsibilities and processes will not change. The same Waze people will continue to collaborate with you, and we will continue to innovate our product and services, making them more social, functional and helpful for everyday drivers. Our employees, managers, founders and I are all committed to our vision for many years to come.

Why not stay completely independent? We asked ourselves: “Will Waze still be a fun project to participate in, and a fun place to work at, as a stand-alone public company?” Choosing the path of an IPO often shifts attention to bankers, lawyers and the happiness of Wall Street, and we decided we’d rather spend our time with you, the Waze community. Google is committed to help us achieve our common goal and provide us with the independence and resources we need to succeed. We evaluated many options and believe Google is the best partner for Waze, our map editors, area managers, champs and nearly 50 million Wazers globally.

Together, we can accelerate our mission to outsmart traffic. We will continue to make a real impact on drivers globally, helping them save time and money while making everyone’s daily commute a bit more efficient and fun.

So, it’s back to work for us with some great new colleagues and resources to enhance our project. Thank you for your participation in shaping Waze to what it is today, and we look forward to continuing to build out Waze together with you.

See you on the road,

The Waze Team
chiefwazer
Send a message

Post by chiefwazer
asterix06 wrote:My Congratulation to Noam and Waze Team for that positive conclusion.

I hope we will be in the position to continue to work with your Team as we did till now.

I hope future Management decisions will alway be in Line with the "Waze Freedom Spirit"

thanks but this is not a "conclusion" but a "way point" ;-)
chiefwazer
Send a message

Post by ChrisLolol
Congrats!
ChrisLolol
Send a message

Post by d67637ac8d24419dad080b5871e45903
Félicitions à vous et merci pour votre application..:D

d67637ac8d24419dad080b5871e45903
Send a message

Post by Da_Mak
I don't know if it is a good news.
The future will tell...
Da_Mak
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
Congratulations to all the Waze team.

Lets hope it is a fruitful relationship for Waze, Google and all us Wazers!
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by deadbeef
I already get annoyed by the Taco Bell ads pushed to my phone, I can only imagine what annoyances are in store for us.
deadbeef
Send a message

Post by deeggo
Congratulations to all of you, especially you Ehud. It must be incredibly rewarding to see your idea grow from startup to this point. I can only imagine. I guess the champagne has popped in Israel!

For us users-editors I guess it was inevitable. I prefer Google over Facebook like many others here. Nobody can blame you for cashing in on the right moment. I hope the fun stays for us or even grows, under that big Google umbrella.

Like the others I'm very curious what this all will bring, from the positive and negative side. Future will tell, I just hope you'll keep us informed.
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
In feeling a new name pop-up:

Wazle

:-p Kidding..
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!