iOS v3.7 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, Unholy

Re: iOS v3.7 Official Feedback Thread

Postby orbitc » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:32 pm

RTPeat wrote:
orbitc wrote:RTPeat, based on my personal experience....that happens because your last route wasn't completed fully. Especially, if the last route or destination was your home and that you have a wireless connection. your client tries to pick the stronger connection or known wireless connection that perhaps confuse Waze. I would suggest (if you haven't already) to wait for Waze to end the destination and also make sure to close Waze by choosing the "close" button.

I'm pretty scrupulous about using the close button to ensure my drives are uploaded, but certainly picking up the wi-fi at home could be the issue as my phone can pick our wi-fi up from the end of the street at times, and the 3G signal is not all that strong.

Try turning off the Wifi see what happens...
Also, similar issue happened to me few times. I realized that I wasn't closing or waiting for Waze to end the navigation. Since I wasn't quite home yet based on the map or the house number that the navigation wasn't completed. On my next run, the first thing Waze would say is that I arrived at my destination. Once I adjusted address in the editor and close Waze properly, it never happened. Of course, YMMV.
Regional Coordinator for Northeast (DE, NJ, NY, PA) & New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
CM: U.S.A. & T.C.
• ßeta Tester
• iOS: Always the latest Beta

WME | Mentoring | AM | USA
orbitc
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby orbitc » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:48 pm

paulkok_my wrote:
perlin wrote:Hi guys,

The problem with the scoreboard in Malaysia should be fixed now. If you're still experiencing problems, please share.

Perlin, thanks for looking into the problem for the client. :D

Only next thing to fix is Website Scoreboard. I'm still getting the Oops! message

Same here for the web site. (US)
Regional Coordinator for Northeast (DE, NJ, NY, PA) & New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
• ßeta Tester

orbitc
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby orbitc » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:08 pm

cjland wrote:On the way to work, I noticed that it was showing a "slow" down on one of the streets in Mission Viejo. It was showing the traffic slowed to "4 MPH"

The issue is that the app is being used by "walkers". There needs to be code in the app that asks (if the speed is < 5 MPH), "are you walking?" (or riding a bike? etc. etc.).

Sort of a bug....but not really. Great app though. Looking forward to getting it integrated in my next car.

Maybe Waze can ignore if GPS shows that the driver/person is not on the road, rather on the side and off the road. Although, It might be difficult since we get bad GPS quite often.
• ßeta Tester

orbitc
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby orbitc » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:14 am

PhantomSoul wrote:I'm sorry if this has been posted already, but is anyone else having trouble downloading any of the voices for the minimal turn instructions? Mine keeps getting stuck at about 50% and I always eventually get the timeout message of it being unable to download the requested voices.

Worse than that, it now prompts me to try to re-download those voices each time I start Waze up again even though I've selected other voice options. Everytime I retry, it just gets stuck and ends up telling me to try again later.

This seems to happen regardless of whether I'm on LTE or WiFi or if I switch between the two during the download (by, say, driving out of range of my WiFi).

I would recommend deleting Waze and reinstalling it.
• ßeta Tester

orbitc
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby PakcikSyah » Fri May 31, 2013 2:00 am

The scoreboard show nothing. I cant see my weekly points and and all time country and all countried weekly and all countries all time point. The old version still very much much better in that aspect.
PakcikSyah
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby PakcikSyah » Fri May 31, 2013 4:37 am

Is this how the scoreboard look like in ios client?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (228.78 KiB) Viewed 937 times
PakcikSyah
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby PakcikSyah » Fri May 31, 2013 5:18 am

omba_de wrote:
MdSyah wrote:Is this how the scoreboard look like in ios client?

No! Definitely not!
I think you should delete and reinstall the app.

I ve delete and reinstall it few times. Its come out the same.
PakcikSyah
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby PakcikSyah » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:28 pm

perlin wrote:
MdSyah wrote:Is this how the scoreboard look like in ios client?

Can't reproduce. Still happens?

Yes. As at the tie ofresponding this, the problem still there.

And I tested navigation for few hundred km. The routing server dont seem be able to route me to the over 100km. I have to navigate point by point not exceeding 100km.

Even worst, I can use as aas background, It will freeze and have to restart all over. This never happened with the previous version. (Note: I m using the international server)
PakcikSyah
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby PakcikSyah » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:30 am

This is my experince of using Waze v3.7 for a trip of 1271.5km. It cover a wide range of internet connection from 3G, edge or even gprs. From that journey I found Waze are not working as expect. It give more problem than good.

My experience: 1.It crash very often. 2. When trying to used as background. It can close the application or the application freeze. 3. It keep on rerouting even when there are no other alternative route. 4. It will freeze atfer rerouting. After resume the internet connection it will pop up the navigation menu. (When in v3.6 it just continue with the navigation. 5. Always lost connection even a 3G connection. 6. UR not send. I ve send many UR but not one did appear on my WME. 7. Hardly see any other Wazer along the route or in the city ( that is impossible no Waze around as I m travelling with few other Wazer). 8. Graphic of the route sometime blink and even the road seem not connected. 9. It can navigate for over 100km. (Thought it problem with segment not connected. The route was connected properly as for a reverse navigation it can give a connect to a longer distance. 10. Giving a very slow voice navigation.

Conclusion Waze V3.7 failed to deliver what is should do as map navigation. The older version of 3.6 deliver a much much better. Waze 3.7 is giving more makeup to social communication rather than it actual function. I ve delete and reinstall the app for many times during the journey.

I m on international server and on iPad/iPhone4&5. And Samsung notes.

This is the worst ever experience using Waze since 3 years ago.
PakcikSyah
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby paulkok_my » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:13 pm

perlin wrote:Hi guys,

The problem with the scoreboard in Malaysia should be fixed now. If you're still experiencing problems, please share.

Perlin, thanks for looking into the problem for the client. :D

Only next thing to fix is Website Scoreboard. I'm still getting the Oops! message
ImageImageImage
Area Manager: Shah Alam / Klang / Seremban, Malaysia
Galaxy S3 on Android 4.1.2

Join our FB group: Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah/Sarawak
or Google+ group: Waze in Malaysia on Google+
paulkok_my
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App