iOS v3.7 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS v3.7 Official Feedback Thread

Postby jasonh300 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:38 am

unlimitedsounds wrote:so how do we fix?

Whenever you install a new version, Waze downloads a new voice file for TTS. A while back, there was an issue that if you switched from Wifi to 3G/4G while this file was downloading, it would get corrupted. This is pretty easy to happen, because it would do this download the first time you ran Waze...often in your driveway or just outside your office, still on Wifi...then you drive away while the file is still downloading, and lose the Wifi connection, and now you have a corrupted file.

Try uninstalling Waze and then re-installing. That might take care of it.

Beware that you're going to have to redo all your settings when you reinstall.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby tvioli » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:25 pm

I just installed 3.7 on my iphone 4s and i have no waze icon in the notification center.
How can i enable notifications???

Thank you.
tvioli

Postby mwburn » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:02 pm

tvioli wrote:I just installed 3.7 on my iphone 4s and i have no waze icon in the notification center.
How can i enable notifications???

Thank you.

See answer in other thread.
I'd be ranked higher if I drove more than 5 miles to work. :-(
But I only have to drive 5 miles to work. :-)

mwburn

Postby treedweller » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:32 pm

add me to the list of people who keep seeing crashes. I am on ipad2, ios 6.1.3

I can open the app and enter the first destination, but then when I get there and try to input a new address, it crashes. Every time. I also have had crash problems as described by others when I try to go "Home".

I also have a separate problem that I wouldn't have bothered to report if not already here. Often, when I try to add a stop, the navigation shows a pink route and a purple route, but the pink route does not go to the interim stop and just changes to purple when it gets in the vicinity of the stop. so far, I can get it to work right by entering the stop, going back to navigate, and entering both addresses anew from the history list (instead of typing them in).
treedweller

Postby unlimitedsounds » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:38 pm

jasonh300 wrote:

Whenever you install a new version, Waze downloads a new voice file for TTS. A while back, there was an issue that if you switched from Wifi to 3G/4G while this file was downloading, it would get corrupted. This is pretty easy to happen, because it would do this download the first time you ran Waze...often in your driveway or just outside your office, still on Wifi...then you drive away while the file is still downloading, and lose the Wifi connection, and now you have a corrupted file.

already did that and same tts issues
unlimitedsounds

Postby davipt » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:57 pm

treedweller wrote:add me to the list of people who keep seeing crashes. I am on ipad2, ios 6.1.3

I can open the app and enter the first destination, but then when I get there and try to input a new address, it crashes. Every time. I also have had crash problems as described by others when I try to go "Home".

Rest assured this has already been fixed, but I have no information when 3.7.1 will be released.

treedweller wrote:I also have a separate problem that I wouldn't have bothered to report if not already here. Often, when I try to add a stop, the navigation shows a pink route and a purple route, but the pink route does not go to the interim stop and just changes to purple when it gets in the vicinity of the stop. so far, I can get it to work right by entering the stop, going back to navigate, and entering both addresses anew from the history list (instead of typing them in).

This is happening for some versions and it's quite hard to reproduce - I mean, it's not that hard to cause it, but hard to understand the reasons. I've been personally trying to provide as much information as possible about this case but myself haven't yet understood the root cause of this. Hope the devels have some idea though. :)
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ & Coordinator for Portugal | iPhone Beta
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:01 pm

jasonh300 wrote:

Attention that when a new version is installed, the "voice prompts" download have nothing to do with TTS - they are the pre-recorded files, used on the "instructions only" mode. Besides, the download is incremental and I'm curious about this "corruption" you are talking about. What I've noticed is that three are multiple files, and for example let's say the client downloads only some of them and then fails due to loss or switch of network. It's true that during that session, the missing files won't play, but the next time the client is started, it will download the remaining files. I've tried this myself hard and even if the connection breaks in the middle of a file, the file is redownloaded later and won't be stored corrupted. To be honest, haven't tried it again on 3.7, but doubt this code has been changed or got screwed.

Can you elaborate exactly what do you feel gets corrupted in these cases?
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ & Coordinator for Portugal | iPhone Beta
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:15 pm

davipt wrote:Attention that when a new version is installed, the "voice prompts" download have nothing to do with TTS - they are the pre-recorded files, used on the "instructions only" mode.

Regardless of what it's used for, if it doesn't download completely, full TTS guidance won't work. It'll revert back to the minimal guidance...the "instructions only" mode. In one of the earlier releases a few months back, it was a widespread issue on iOS.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby n5983v » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:29 pm

Iphone runs hot and battery life drops very fast.
n5983v

Postby sketch » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:14 pm

davipt wrote:Attention that when a new version is installed, the "voice prompts" download have nothing to do with TTS - they are the pre-recorded files, used on the "instructions only" mode.

TTS voices must also be downloaded. It downloads the voice, basically, not any set of prompts, I suppose more like a set of pronunciations.

n5983v wrote:Iphone runs hot and battery life drops very fast.

This is to be expected. Waze uses the screen, GPS, and network connection pretty much constantly, so it's gonna drain the battery pretty hard, just like any other app that uses all those things. The phone gets hot because the battery is being drained quickly.

I highly recommend a car charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App